A Perfect Day Gone Wrong

The next morning I woke up with Jakob in my bed, his arms wrapped around my waist. I slipped out of bed trying not to wake him up. As I finished doing the dishes he put his hands on my waist, where bare skin was revealed, he kissed my neck and hugged me tight.
We sat on the couch cuddling, watching a movie. Half way through it my brother Craig called me.

Craig: Mom got into an accident, he was crying heavily, meet us at the ER.
Me: Is she ok?!
Craig: No, just hurry.

Jakob and I changed and drove to the hospital. When we got there I saw my brothers im tears. Then I saw my mom. She lost a lot of blood, she had tons of cuts, and a broken rib.

"What happened?!" I asked.
"Drunk driver." Chres responded.
"Is she going to be ok?"
"Sadly no, I'm afraid she's not going to make it. She's lost too much blood." The Dr. told me.

She lived for only an hour and a half after I got there. I sat next to her holding her hand as she died. With tears streaming down my face and Jakob holding me I prayed for my mother. As the monitor stopped beeping I felt a piece of me die inside. My mother, the one that had to get a second job to pay for my plane ticket to come here, that gave up so much for me, that would do anything for me was gone.

That night we all couldn't sleep. I sat there crying in Jakob's shoulder while he brushed his fingers through my hair. Craig and Chres went through old photos of our mother. And Rayan went to his room and didn't come out.

The day after my mom died I was supposed to start school. But none of us went not even Jakob he stayed by my side to keep my company. Soon after her death we attended her funeral. The whole time I thought "Why couldn't have been my father? What did my mother do to deserve this?"

At her funeral I got to see my Tia and my best friends Kalia and Bella. They had decided to move to LA with me. So I guess I have at least two friends here and I haven't even been to school yet.

After the funeral my Tia came over for a while and she brought us all tamales. We talked to her about my mother until she had to fly back home. She left us photos of our mom we never knew existed. Looking at a photo of her when she was my age was like looking into a mirror. I'll miss my mother for ever and ever.