Chapter 11

A couple of days later Helion was coming for lunch. I got up early and found my old dress that I wore at the manor, I had sewn up the rip in the skirt, so it looked like new.

I went down to the kitchen early and took my now cool cakes out of the pantry. I levelled them off then stacked them, spreading a thin layer of icing around the whole cake.

I had asked for a lot of information about the Day Court, what they liked and what Helion's powers were.

My cake had three tiers. The first tier I made into a bookshelf, carefully making the details on each book.

For the second tier I made a sun set, blue into pink into orange then into yellow. I was going to add a sun at first, but I realised the other two could be seen from any side, so I decided against it.

Then for the final layer I painstakingly added handmade fondant crystals covered in edible glitter, each gem was tiny, no bigger than the tip of my pinkie fingernail. It reminded me of the Night Court's layer on the other cake.

Once I had finished putting on each gem, I lay a replica of Helion's crown on top that I had also made from fondant.

I stepped back and smiled at my work.

"That looks incredible Jaz," Nyx said from the doorway.

"Thanks," I replied as I turned to face him.

"Come on, you can't meet the High Lord in your icing covered dress," he said with a grin.

I looked down and blushed, I really did get the icing everywhere. We walked back up to my room and Nyx gestured to the dress on the bed. It was a simple navy gown with a tight-fitting top, lace sleeves and a light flowing skirt.

 It was a simple navy gown with a tight-fitting top, lace sleeves and a light flowing skirt

I went into the bathing room to put it on and when I walked back out Nyx grinned at me.

"You look perfect, now come on, he just got here." He said, offering me his arm.

I took it and he led me to the dining room. Everyone looked up as we walked in, recognition crossed Helion's face.

"I know you, don't I?" He asked me.

"Yes," I replied as I sat next to Nyx.

"The girl from the High Lord's meeting," he said, cocking his head a little to the side.

"Yes," I whispered.

"Your name is Jasmine, right?" He asked with a small smile, I just nodded.

"How did you get here from Autumn?" He asked, I felt Nyx tense from next to me.

"I was a servant for Therian, he raped my mother many times and eventually sired me, thirteen years later he accused me of being a spy and did the same to me before dumping me on Rhys's border. Rhys is my uncle, so he took me in." I told him, hating the tear that escaped me.