Chapter 26

MAGNOLIA

Three months later

"Baby, are you sure that you have the tickets?" I look over at him as he stands, holding Eva on his hip as she plays with his hair.

These last few months have been nothing but difficult.

After that night, things only went downhill. Nothing was the same. I wasn't the same. Eva, for sure, wasn't the same, and neither was Harry.

I remember crying to Chantelle and Penny after Harry and Wyatt had left. I remember the cops finally arriving and then them taking me to the hospital because of how hard Dale had knocked my head onto the floor.

They took me for scans and told me that not only did he fracture my cheekbone, but he also gave me a concussion from the number of times that my head was hit.

Days after that start to blur a bit. There are bits and pieces that I don't remember.

I remember Harry walking into my hospital room carrying Eva in his arms, her body was wrapped in a white hospital blanket as she slept curled into his body. I remember crying in relief when he places her in my arms. I didn't let anyone remove her from me for hours.

I remember seeing Harry's hands—more specifically, his knuckles, which were bloody and swollen. He spent a good thirty minutes just trying to explain everything that had happened when he left my house.

Everything after that night just felt strange.

Harry had been called down to the station a few days after and he told me how Alexander wanted to talk to him about everything that had happened.

He told me how Dale was extorting Alexander in order to get him to work alongside him and Carly. Supposedly Alexander's mother had paid for him to get into college. She had paid for someone to take his SAT. Dale had found this out from his father and he used it against Alexander. He threatened to tell the dean if he didn't help.

Alexander knew that it didn't make him innocent, but he wanted Harry to know that he never wanted to hurt me or Eva which is why he was so against it before.

They didn't have a trial because they all said that they had done it. Alexander and Carly were both charged with kidnapping and they both have to serve eleven years in prison. Dale, on the other hand, was charged with kidnapping, extortion, and domestic violence, so he has to serve fifteen years in prison.

"Yes angel, I put them in your purse while you were upstairs." Harry says as he walks towards me.

He shifts Eva on his other hip and places a kiss on my hairline.

"Ready to go, angels?" He asks, looking at Eva and me.

We both nod our heads, and we walk out of the front door and towards the packed car. Harry buckles Eva into her car seat as I climb into the passenger seat doing my seatbelt.

After he finishes putting her in the car, he rushes over to the driver's side and climbs in. He puts the key into the ignition and begins backing out of the parking spot. Placing a hand on my thigh, he squeezes lightly as we start down the road.

"How was your appointment this morning?" He asks, glancing over at me quickly.

"It was good. Gabbie and I talked about everything and how I was feeling about not coming in again for a while since we're leaving," I mumbled as I played with his rings. "She told me to call her if I needed to while we're gone."