Together

Our first read-through was a disaster, but I think that was to be expected. We had two inexperienced actors and two inexperienced idols. You did his part pretty well—probably because he sometimes acts like a delinquent, but Yoru who was supposed to be the chill boyfriend would get flustered and leave me laughing, leaving the director sighing and You in a teasing mood.

We had advanced to acting with our scripts so we took our positions.

"He's a really nice person, I think you should meet him someday," said Misaki, her eyes on her script.

"I think I'd like to meet him just from the way you described him," I said, wondering how my character would feel if she knew Misaki was talking about the delinquent.

"Keep your thoughts on what's happening now, Yayoi," called the director–Hirasaki–as I winced and apologized.

We continued, and it came down to me meeting him.

You smirked as he read his lines, which somehow sent a chill up my spine. His smile that moment reminded me of light gleaming off a knife. "Well, well... it's nice to meet you."

"Likewise," I said, my eyes narrowing.

"Do you two know each other?" asked Misaki, looking between us both. Misaki got a phone call and left, as You and I faced down each other.

"What do you want with her?"

"She's my next victim." You pretended to toss a knife into the air, and I imagined I could see it gleaming, almost like his smile.

"Leave her alone," I said, my eyes down as I bit my lip. I continued as if the next words physically pained me. "Leave her alone, and I'll do anything you want."

"Anything? What use would I have for you?" asked You, stepping forward, and tipping my chin up.

I smirked. "I'm the best there is."

We stared at each other for a bit before he stepped back.

"And cut!"

"That was well done, Haduki, Saeko and Yayoi. Not what I'd expect from amateurs at all."

Hirasaki let us go, saying practice was over, while I asked You, "Say, were you your character at some point?"

"Huh?" asked You.

"He still is, actually," said Yoru as You looked at him with betrayal written across his face.

"I'm not that bad!"

Misaki and I laughed, as we headed back to the dorms.

-----------------------------*-----------------------------

"So my boyfriend was murdered by him," I said to Misaki, as we recollected the storyline to better analyze our characters.

"Whose boyfriend?" asked Haru.

"Mine," I said, without glancing up.

"Who's that?"

"Yoru," I said. I suddenly realized what was going on.

"Wait!" I said, running and pulling Haru back, "We were talking about the drama!"

Haru sat down on the couch and picked up the script. He looked through it as Hajime walked over to read as well.

"Poor Yoru," said Haru as Hajime nodded. "How did the read-through with him go?"

"He kept getting flustered and had me laughing," I said with a smile. "We got scolded by the director."