Is this really home..? (Part 1)

There's going to be gender dysphoria and transphobia and homophobia in this one, so be careful reading it. I'm just reflecting what I feel in real life with Karl's character for this one.

He looked at himself. The scissors were next to him, and hair was on the floor and sink. He did it. He cut his hair...oh my god his mom and dad were going to be so upset.

He cleaned all the hair, and smiled at himself. He didn't look as much like a girl anymore..and he loved it. He looked like the boy he always wanted to be.

"McKayla, hunny! Come downstairs, grandma and grandpa are here!" He heard his mom calling for him. But he wasn't ready.

Karl wanted to cry. Why did nobody understand him? He wasn't McKayla. He was Karl. And he was gonna be yelled at, maybe even kicked out when they saw him. But he knew he couldn't avoid going downstairs forever. He put his shirt on over his binder, and tried to make himself look presentable. Maybe, just maybe, they would accept him.

"And here she is-..MCKAYLA JACOBS. WHAT DID YOU DO? YOU LOOK LIKE ONE OF THOSE GAY FREAKS!" His mom yelled. He jumped and looked over at her.

"McKayla hun, why are you dressed so..unladylike? You are an unmarried woman, you should cover yourself. You know how God would feel if he saw you with this short hair and clothes" Karl's grandfather sighed. He looked over at his wife for support, and she quickly added on.

"Kayla, honey, you need to be smart. Do you really think God will let you in looking like that?" Karl's grandmother added.

"God? Really? You guys are talking about god when we all know mom and dad have been seeing other people? Dad's probably with one of those ladies he brings home!" Karl yelled. He was done, he heard enough about all this. Why should everyone else define who he was?

"McKayla Jacobs, you are a woman. You are going to act like one." His mom snapped at him, and he just walked out the front door.

"GET BACK HERE YOU DISGUSTING FREAK, IM NOT DONE WITH YOU!" Karl's mom yelled, but Karl couldn't hear her anymore. He just ran, he wasn't ready for whatever his family would do.

He ran and ran, until it hurt to breathe. And he found himself in front of Quackity's house. So he rung the bell, and Quackity's mother answered.

"Hi there Karl, what's wrong? You wanted to see Quackity?" Q's mom asked. Karl smiled and nodded, catching his breath.

"He's upstairs, just go on up. It's nice to see you again, too." She smiled, and Karl smiled back.

Next part should be out by tomorrow! I obviously only just remembered I had this book and decided to continue, so thanks for waiting for updates! -Author Lex