"Now that you're back, I'd like to hear about your intentions." The man leaned forward, resting his elbows on the surface of his huge desk. He looked at Taehyung over his hands, his piercing gaze causing shivers to run down the boy's spine. There it was again. That weird, unwelcomed feeling. He didn't do or say anything but Taehyung felt like he was threatened.

He gulped loudly at the sudden tension that surrounded them. "Excuse me?"

The Head Alpha smiled, though his smile didn't reach his eyes this time. "You're turning 20 soon. In two months if I'm right. I'm curious what your plans are after your birthday," he said casually before glaring at Taehyung again. "Are you ready to vow perennial loyalty to me and Hoseok?"

It was strange to hear Hoseok's name, though he was already aware that by marrying Jungkook, Hoseok would be the next Head Alpha. He didn't question Hoseok's eligibility for the post. If he had to, he would have given his life for his leader, be it Jungkook, Junghyun, or even Hoseok.

Without thinking about it twice, he nodded. "Of course, Sir."

He stretched his arm out for the Head Alpha for a handshake to show him he meant it. There might have been one or two things that were suspicious for Taehyung, but he would never have questioned the faith in his leaders and their successors. These wolves took him in when he had no one. They gave him home and food. They gave him a family. Whatever was in the background, Taehyung knew he wanted to belong here. Officially.

A wide grin covered the man's face as he squeezed the boy's hand tightly. His white teeth flashed and his eyes disappeared into little crescents. "Happy to hear that. Welcome to the family, son."

Warmth flowed through Taehyung's chest at the sound of these few simple words. Oh, how he longed for someone to finally tell him this. He finally returned home. It took him eight long years, but he was finally home again. With his family.

He was incredibly happy, but the bliss was overshadowed by the plethora of questions that had not allowed him to calm down ever since he arrived.

"What about Junghyun?" he suddenly asked what troubled him the most.

The Head Alpha froze. The smile dropped from his face and at the same time, a chilly atmosphere settled over the room. The man's dark gaze dug into Taehyung like a knife, scaring him to death. He had always been kind to Taehyung, but now the boy finally understood why so many were afraid of him. The man was scary.

Not really acknowledging Taehyung's question, the alpha started rummaging through the plenty of papers lying on his desk. "I assigned you to a new room since your old roommate moved together with his husband. Room 359 will be yours. As for your duties, ask Namjoon! He will tell you what to do."

His voice was calm but Taehyung could hear he was mad. Did he do something wrong perhaps?

Taehyung just sat there and watched the man search for his file. Junghyun was his firstborn son. The rightful heir. Taehyung didn't understand why he didn't have to vow him too. Speaking of which, he also didn't understand why he wasn't there at Jungkook and Hoseok's engagement party.

"We already carried your belongings to your room," the man continued as if nothing has happened but his eyes avoided Taehyung's. He kept his gaze glued to his desk as he dismissed the boy. "You may leave now."

Taehyung was smart enough to know this was his clue to leave. He didn't want to upset the leader any more, and since he wasn't really sure of what he was doing wrong now, there was a good chance he could make the situation worse with any of his questions. So he just nodded silently and turned around.