misery is me | smut/angst

Summary: George seeks comfort from DreamXD to take his mind off Dream

Life wasn't fair.

George knew this, incredibly well in fact.

He'd been sitting up on the edge of his bed, awake for who knows how long, thoughts scrambling in his mind, making his chest hurt, his arms numb and his legs trembly. He was antsy. He was anxious. His thoughts almost incoherent as he tried to pile over the darker ones. He tried to tell himself to calm down, trying to yell over the chaos. His mind was full of screaming. Of remorse, of regret, of anger, continuing this self destructive cycle until he'd break.

He gripped his sheets and tried to distract himself from the thoughts. He'd look up in the mirror and fight the longing urge to punch it. Rip it off it's hanger and throw it against the ground. He fought the destructive urge to say fuck it all. Set his life on fire and watch it all come down. He inhaled the sting of the smoke filling up his lungs, every breath out an attempt to stomp out the rage that was building up in his chest.

He imagined the aftermath if he went through with his blurry, angered thoughts. The glass in his knuckles. The blood; his blood; staining his hands and shirt. His eyes and cheeks crusty from the tears he'd ran out of. On his knees amidst the chaos as he screamed into the ground, ripping out his chest as the flames raged on. He'd never felt an anger like this before, this rage, this pure desire to pummel something or someone into a broken mess of his blood and shattered glass. He'd yell and scream till he had absolutely nothing left. Lie down and wait for death to put him out of his misery, only to be taken by sleep instead.

He clenched his teeth and the grip on his hair harsh enough to rip off his scalp. There was nothing worst than realizing everybody was right. About you. About him. The years of smiles and tears. Of intimate moments and heartbreak. This constant pushing and pulling he was willing to endure for him. Trying to figure out what was true and what was blatant bullshit as he cursed himself for letting himself be so damn blind.

He laughed, and laughed, until it was too much, and he stood up, clearing the items on a nearby shelf onto the floor, leaving books, a broken flowerpot and dirt scattered and spread on the ground. They were right. They were fucking right. He looked at the mirror, looking straight at himself, the rage in his eyes making his vision blurry. He tore the small, circular mirror off it's hook, managing to snap the cord in the process, and his grip on the fragile glass was creating stress marks, threatening to snap.

"Hi" Said a voice.

The last cord in George's mind snapped, and he had no time to think. He whipped around without even knowing who the voice was coming from, and threw the mirror in that direction. The shattering of glass was what finally pulled George out of his stupor like state in his thoughts.

He stared at the suspended glass, poking through a magic force field, and then suddenly let go and clattering into smaller pieces on the ground. George vision was clearing as he blinked, his rage suddenly dissipated. He saw the multiple layers of clothing, the hands raised defensively but also in surrender, the chipped painted mask, and a slight glowing aura to his frame.

"DreamXD" George said simply, with a realization and almost relief.

The god-like man was sat at the very edge of the bed, looking over at George with a caution incase the waters were still turbulent.

"It's a bad time" DreamXD said, sounding half like a question and half like a statement, looking sideways awkwardly.

"Yeah. It is" George stated bluntly, "why are you here?"

"Ah, well, it's a weird thing that happened where I-"

"You know what," George interrupted him, "I don't even wanna know"