Grammar Guide

So, y'all wanna talk in Galactic? You got the pronunciations down? Memorized the characters?

Now you just wanna talk to your other mcyt friends in a language that no one will know (cuz it's all made up hAH-)?

Well look no further than this book, the first ever Official Unofficial (I Think) Guide to Speaking Standard Galactic, written by Maya the Weird Watcher Hybrid Thingy of Sorts (and this, ladies, gentlemen, and everyone in between, is why my account is just named Maya the Watcher).

This has been a project I've been interested in for... about as long as I've been in the mcyt fandom, aka 3 years (not 1, I realized).

And holy smokes y'all are too kind just- the instant response was overwhelming. My Discord server can confirm- I was not expecting such a... large response- like- jEEZ-

Anyways, I bet y'all are wondering something, or have just noticed something: your name sounds ridonculous.

Alright alright, settle down young ones. I've come up with some weird grammar rules. But hey, English grammar takes the chart for weirdest and most complicated, so it's gotta be better... right?

The rules:

-If a word ends in a vowel, you say the name of the American English letter.

Example: when I go to say "Maya" I'll pronounce it like "im ohwa yee ā."

-If there are a lot of repeating characters-more than two or three depending on the length (you decide how you want to pronounce it)-you only say the first one in the word and omit the rest.

Example: "Banana" becomes "eb ohwa nyah ā."

-If the word ends in a "y," you pronounce it "yow" instead of "yee."

-Do not use the word 'the.' It's non-existent in the Galactic language, unless written.

-When there are instances like "sh" and "ch" and "ck," you pronounce the first of the two in Galactic and for the second, you say the name of the American English letter (ty OtterChief for suggesting!).

-If it's silent in English, it's silent in Galactic.

(If you have any more ideas, please suggest!!!)

-M <3