The quietest groan leaves her lips, causing me to snap my head back to her. Leaning closer, I let my eyes linger over her body for any more possible injuries. That's when I see it, the giant handprint-shaped bruise that wraps around the base of her throat.

Red. That's all I see, my whole body is engulfed with anger as I let my eyes stare at her neck. Knowing that, he held his hand pressed against her throat, keeping her from breathing long and hard enough to leave the outline of each one of his fingers on her delicate skin.

"E-Eva." she croaks out, her voice sounding very hoarse.

"Angel, please." I whimper out, letting my fingers graze her arm. "Angel... it's Harry, darling. I promise you're safe now."

"H-Harry... took Eva," she whines, squeezing her eyes shut as she winces after she spoke. "They took her Harry."

I squeeze my eyes shut, feeling new tears form in my eyes from hearing her words. They took her. They took our baby away.

Wait. They?

"Maggie, what do you mean they? Who else was here?" I rush out, looking down at her sad honey eyes as she stares up at me.

Broken. That's all that her eyes give off.

"It was Dale, Carly, and Alexander," she mutters lowly, her voice is laced with venom as she speaks,

Carly and Alexander...

What did they have to do with any of this? Why would they help Dale take Eva from Magnolia? I wonder if Wyatt knew about it? If he knew, that was why Carly came to visit? That also explains the sketchy phone calls Alexander was having all the time, but it had sounded like he was against any plan there was, so it didn't make sense. Nothing makes sense.

"Carly is with Dale now... I'm guessing... so she's doing anything he asks," Maggie says, probably sensing my confusion. "And Alexander is his stepbrother. I had heard last year his mom remarried to a guy that had a son, but I never knew it was Alexander." she says. Her voice switches from pure hatred to just sounding defeated and sad.

I had moved her carefully from the floor to let her lay in the bed. I moved to grab my phone, calling the cops so they could help. Sitting here waiting for the police doesn't seem right. I shouldn't wait to find Eva. I don't need to. I have to do this now.

"Babe... do you have any idea where he could have taken her?" I ask, glancing at Maggie, who lays with her eyes closed.

"He used to be big on having room to do stuff in. So, it would have to be big enough that he could have space." She says pursing her lips. "But he doesn't live here, so maybe Alexander told him somewhere to go or even Carly."

Alexander's uncle owns an auto repair shop, and Alexander works there on the weekends as a mechanic. My mind starts racing as if that's where he could have taken her.

"We have to call the cops." She whimpers as she pulls herself up to the pillows.

"We can't wait for the cop's angel." I look over at her as her eyes well up with fresh tears.

I hate seeing her so broken, so deflated.

"Baby... I can't just sit here and wait for them to show up," I whisper, moving closer to her bruised body. "I can't wait for them. It doesn't feel right, knowing that they have her. I can't just sit and do nothing."

She squeezes her eyes shut as she turns her head to the side. Her bottom lip quivers before she let out a loud sob. I move quickly, wrapping my arms around her shoulders carefully as I make sure not to hurt her.

I keep her cradle in my arms as she cries into my chest. I use my hand to rub her back as I kiss her hairline as I whisper to her how much I love her and how I'm going to get our baby back.