"I've never driven before. . ." She starts and he laughs. "Exactly why you need your first lesson. We'll go slow." He tries and she bites her lip before giving in. Laughing with a mix of nervousness and excitement.

She gets into the driver's seat and grips the steering wheel so hard her hands went red. Rhodey laughs before starting her first ever driving lesson.

"Lorna. . . you need to start the car to drive." Rhodey says and Lorna nods before bringing a shaky hand to the key and starting the car. She takes a deep breath before putting the car into drive.

And then she was on her way, carefully listening to Rhodey's instructions as he tells her when to change gear and some other information that was essential, and she only stalled the car a couple times in the beginning. And before she knew it, Rhodey was laughing a proud laugh as he watches her.

"You're doing it Lorn!" He says excitedly. Lorna lets out an exhilarated yell as she drives down the highway and Rhodey leans back and points out info for her.

"You're a quick learner, wait till we tell Tony - he's gonna be so damn proud and also jealous he didn't get to take you for your first drive." Rhodey says and Lorna beams.

And before long, it was time to swap over again, and as disappointed as she was to not be driving anymore - she was happy to wind down as she was filled with this buzz, sort of similar to when she uses her powers so much, she gets this hype from it.

They were halfway through their trip, and the sun was setting, she lets out ittle yawn and Rhodey rubs his hand over her green hair affectionately.

"Why don't you get some sleep, we're still a little bit out and I'll wake you up when we're close or if I need you."

"Thanks, Rhodey." Lorna says with another yawn and lowers her seat a little more to fall asleep in a better position. And she must've been tired because she fell asleep pretty quick.

¤ ¤ ◇ ¤ ¤

Lorna could see her brother, he was so close to her but the faster she ran towards him, the further away he got - and she could never catch him. Pietro was too far away for Lorna to reach him. She was crying now - calling for her big brother - because she needed him. And as she finally closed some of the distance between them, she could touch his shoulder. The darkness surrounding them was getting closer and closer and Lorna was getting more scared by the minute. She touches his shoulder and he turns around stiffly and a scream rips from her throat as she looks at the decaying face of her brother, his eyes milky white and dead and his skin being eaten away by maggots - deathly pale.

"You need to control your powers, Lorna." Came Pietro's hollow voice filling her head and she falls to her knees. Muttering 'I can't.' Over and over again, she hears Pietro calling her name on repeat as he starts shaking her shoulders roughly.

So roughly that Lorna is ripped away from her nightmare by a worried Rhodey who looks stressed.

"What happened? What did I do?" Lorna asks worriedly.

"Nothing too bad, just stopped the car and made it shake - that's all Lorn, don't stress too much." He says and Lorna sighs.

"Your nightmare, was it about Pietro? You we're calling his name." Rhodey asks and Lorna nods and Rhodey sighs and brings the distressed girl into an awkward embrace - due to them being in a car.

"Anyway, we're ten minutes from the hotel anyway." Rhodey says and Lorna smiles, taking a breath when looking at the sign.

'Welcome to Atlanta.'

No turning back now.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey everyone thanks for being patient with me - I'm trying my best!!! I'll try to be better xxx

As always stay fresh homies

This is dedicated to taliascar123

They binged Polaris and started Uncanny and they inspired me to get this new chapter out. Cause seeing positive shit for my books really helps me xxx

If you wanna get in contact with me, I've made a public snap chat :)

Flash_Baastard

Also a new book I'm writing which actually isn't a fanfic is coming your way.

Here's the cover.