𝟯. 𝗴𝗿𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗲𝗱 𝗰𝗵𝗲𝗲𝘀𝘂𝘀

Start from the beginning

(Only The Good Die Young~ performed by Puck)

Once Puck at got into the song, the group of teens couldn't help but jam along, taking this opportunity to have fun. Charlotte totally could see where Kurt was coming from with his point, but as someone who wasn't religious but supported everyone's views, Charlotte just enjoyed the moment with her best friends.
***

By now a lot of people had heard about Burt Hummel's heart attack and Charlotte was extremely shocked, considering how close she was to him

By now a lot of people had heard about Burt Hummel's heart attack and Charlotte was extremely shocked, considering how close she was to him. He was literally like a dad to her and she couldn't imagine her life without him in it, but more than that, she felt awful for Kurt, unable to even imagine how broken he must be feeling.

After her mom had confirmed the news, Charlotte tried to keep her emotions inside until she was in some place private to let them all out. However, she saw Finn angrily storming towards the choir room and knew he definitely wasn't thinking straight.

She tried to catch up to him to stop him before he did something stupid, but he was walking extremely fast, "Finn! Wait, I've got littler legs than you!" she called after him, in hopes he would slow down.

That didn't work, and he stormed right into the choir room with Charlotte trying to stay behind him to attempt to get him to stay calm.

"What the hell happened?" Finn demanded,  approaching Kurt, extremely worried.

"My dad's in the hospital." Kurt explained, quite calmly considering the circumstances.

"I know. My mom just called me." Finn said "I feel like I'm the last one to know!"

Charlotte felt a need to intervene as she stood by the pair, not really knowing what to say "Finn, stop, just calm down, okay?"

"Well, I'm sorry, Finn. It didn't occur to me to call you, because he's not your father." Kurt shot back.

"Yeah, well, he's the closest I'm ever going to get, okay?" Finn raised his voice, and Charlotte stood with the two, sending Kurt a sympathetic, sorry smile. "I know it may not look like what everybody else has,but I thought we were...sort of a family."

Kurt rolled his eyes and sat down, causing Finn to realize that maybe he shouldn't have reacted the way he did "Look, I... I guess I just...I didn't like overhearing other people talking about it in gym class."

Reluctantly, Kurt moved his bag from the seat beside him onto the floor, letting Finn sit there, getting Charlotte to sit the other side of him.

"i'm so sorry, Kurt." she whispered to him, and he acknowledged her with a small, sad smile.

"Hey, guys." Mr Schue said once the kids had all sat down and the atmosphere in the room was very melancholy. "Our thoughts are all with Kurt, and, uh,I know it's sort of hard to really focus on anything else..."

Mercedes cut him off, softly saying "Mr. Schue."

"Yeah."

"I've been struggling, trying to figure out what I wanted to say to Kurt all day" she said, sadly "and I realized I don't want to say it, I want to sing it."