"I know." He said with a dull chuckle.

"Our wedding is gonna have to be put on hold. Maybe that's good, I need to practice on my dancing." He joked in hopes of distracting her from his demise. Steve heard her lightly laugh on his head, earning a pained smile.

"I'll teach you if you want." She offered with a shaky voice.

"I can't promise you I won't step on your toes." Elenara exhaled, more tears pooling in her eyes. Her life had changed dramatically since she had met Steve and Jimmy. Now, she'd have to live in a world without them.

"I don't care, you can step on them as much as you need to." Elenara pursed her lips and wiped her tears.

"Meet me at the York's Tavern, where we first met in Brooklyn. Next Saturday at eight. I better see you there." Steve saw the icy ground getting closer and closer. A few tears left his eyes as he stared into the picture of his beloved that sat in front of him.

"You got it. We'll have the band play our song."

"Pinky promise?"

"I pinky promise. I'll dance the whole night with you."

"Steve. . I love you," She finally told him, perhaps a little too late. "I love you so much, No Mina."

"Elle, I-" Static interrupted his sentence and the line went quiet. Her heart dropped and she felt the urge to throw up.

"Steve?. . . Steve?" Her breathing escalated and her legs buckled and she fell to ground, landing on her knees.

"Please say something back. . . Steve?" Elenara sobbed, shouts of her pain echoing in the room. The Goddess has felt a pain like this before. Deep in her soul the pain of losing the love of her life felt familiar.

Her past life lost the one he loved.

"No, no, no. . . Steve!"

It was the most painful thing she could have ever felt. Steve's death triggered something inside her. She felt her chest painfully squeeze with each inhale she took feeling like broken glass was scraping her lungs.

The goddess brought the microphone closer to her lips, shouting his name, hoping she would hear his voice ring out, but there was only static followed by silence.

Her heart felt like it had been ripped out from her body and someone stomped on it repeatedly before placing it back within her rib cage.

She gripped the microphone until it melted in her hands. Electricity popped and the screens exploded in front of her, but she did not care.

The love of her life was gone and nothing mattered to her.

"Stop fidgeting. We'll get there in a bit." A man held onto the steering wheel tightly, feeling his anger bubble in his chest. Elenara folded her arms and sighed, ceasing her jittering leg.

"We've been in the exact same spot for thirty minutes." It was safe to say "a bit" was not anytime soon. She groaned upon seeing the long line of cars ahead of them.