The Room of Requirement

Start from the beginning

Just then, the door opened, and there stood Regulus Black. He seemed about ready to walk in, but upon seeing Aurelia he halted, and Aurelia — oblivious to him being there — continued to banter with her head. It was quite the spectacle.

"You have quite the ego."

"Well that would make sense, wouldn't it?"

"Ugh, couldn't you just be neuromal for once?"

"What the actual fuck is that pun?"

"I'd stop with the puns once you stop giving me a psychology lesson and quit babbling about Sigmund Freud and Heinz Hartmann. It's getting quite annoying and I'm visibly cringing."

Aurelia turned, saw Regulus, then turned the other way again. "Now I'm actually visibly cringing." Aurelia turned once more so she was facing Regulus, and gave an over-the-top smile. "Lovely day, isn't it? I was just about to be on my way. I heard some... strange voices arguing with one another. I do believe there's someone else in the room. Making quite the ruckus, might I add."

"Oh, uh. I was just finding a place to study," Regulus said, a hint of confusion evident in his tone. "I didn't know there'd be someone else... and especially..."

Aurelia nodded uncomfortably, feeling a bubbling pit of nerves form. Regulus seemed to notice, because his eyes looked towards her eyes imploringly. "Actually, I was looking for you. I wanted to ask... erm, or say more like, something."

"Well you might not want to say it here when there's other people..."

Regulus gave her a look. Aurelia cringed. He knows.

Well duh. I do applaud you though. No one else could have embarrassed themselves more than you have just now.

Aurelia mentally scolded herself.

"What I said about your dad in the summer, I'm sorry. I really am. What I did was unfair." Regulus paused. "Honestly though, I was being dramatic on purpose."

Regulus seemed about ready to say something else, stopped, then continued. "And, as you know... I'm a... you know." He couldn't muster up the words to say it.

Aurelia nodded in understanding. "So it seems."

"I didn't want it," Regulus said truthfully. "I would do anything to get the wretched ink out of my skin. I don't hold the same views as I once did. I don't agree with him. Aurelia, I don't care that you didn't tell me about your Dad; I would have done the same had I been in your position. I don't care even if you're a muggleborn. I couldn't care less if you were a muggle. As crazy as you are — no offense — I like you. I love you. I always have. Please, please don't hold this against me. I can change, I have. I'll defy him; I'll defy all of them."

"I love you too," Aurelia said softly, and it was the truth, she never felt more confident with her words at that moment. "But how would that help you? You'd get yourself killed. I wouldn't like that — I'm sure Sirius wouldn't either. Not to mention Avery, and Mulciber. Rosier as well..."

"You have the Dark Mark," she added in a whisper, and Regulus looked away, ashamed. "And there's nothing you can do about it."

"I'll be a spy then, for Dumbledore," Regulus said, his voice cracking. "Please, I can help. I'm capable."

"Regulus," Aurelia started, "what does Voldemort have planned?"

Regulus didn't respond.

"Regulus?"

"They want everyone who isn't a pureblood dead." Regulus said. "There are a few exceptions, like Severus Snape..."

But Aurelia wasn't listening. Her throat went dry and she felt as if she would be sick at any moment.

They were in danger.

More danger than what she initially thought.

A/N Haha I finally posted lol. I want to finish this soon so expect more updates. You won't have to wait half a year anymore. Also it's my birthday on the 30th and I'll be turning 15... so, if I get enough happy birthdays I'll post around that time... We'll see. Who am I kidding, everyone's gone after having had to wait for so long. Sorry, sorry. Just me being lazy.