Chapter 7/ chaos on Training Grounds

Bella's POV

After Joe had left, my mum came to find me for us to leave the house. He was nowhere in sight and Arnold said that he wasn't feeling well, but I knew it was an excuse.

George invited me that coming Saturday to join the young people in training and maybe show them some defence and compact moves because apparently my mother had said I'm quite good.

I had been trained in fighting skills by my dad since I was five and both my mum and I were good fighters.

I had agreed since I could not refuse my mum and the king seemed to be excited.

In the following week in school, Joe avoided me and I was happy about it, but a part of me wanted him near, for him to touch me, which I could not explain.

On Saturday morning, I drove my old dads truck to the story house. It was around 5:00 AM in the morning and I wanted to first stretch. Though for six months I had not been practising, but I would do my morning work outs or take a run to keep my body fit, before starting my day.

The guards at the gate allowed me to pass through but the house was still quite coz everyone was still asleep.

The training grounds were deserted and I started with stretching then ran across the field.

On my tenth lap, young people started streaming in. I checked my watch and saw it was 6:30 AM. Emmy saw me and waved and I ran towards her, while picking my water bottle from the ground. "Hi,' she said smiling.

I took a sip of my water then said hi to her while still panting. " the Alp..." She suddenly coughed, then said, "George woke us early for training saying that our new trainer was already on the ground. I guess the new trainer is you." She said smiling while pointing her finger at me.

I looked at her awkwardly because I knew that was a pretentious cough when her words registered in my mind.

My eyes went wide like a dear caught in red lights. Emmy just laughed. Most of the young people had now formed a straight horizontal line, waiting for my instructions.

I put my water bottle down and composed myself. Okay what should I do. I knew they should start with work outs to build their muscle strength. "Okay every one, let's start with five rounds of running round the field." I said loudly. There were some murmurs but they were preparing to run.

Suddenly the door to the training grounds opened loudly and in came Lydia in her tight tank top and small shorts, followed by her friends who wore the same. could this girls really dress up in something of their size rather than kids clothes?

"You can't tell us what to do you know." She said strolling towards me while pointing her finger at me. "I just did." I told her with a sweet smile. She glared at me but I ignored her. " You either do as I say or leave the grounds." I said with a stern voice.

There were gasps and people had stopped to stare. I guess no one had ever challenged her before.

I had heard from Emmy that she was one of the strongest fighters here and no one would dare challenge her.

I could see her face turning red with anger, a sign that she will retaliate. I waited and she threw a punch at me but I saw and caught her hand before it could hit my face. I did not use enough force but punched her with my left fist right on her face which made her to fall down flat. If I had used my strength, she could be knocked out cold by now.

Her nose was bleeding and she was writhing in pain while screaming. I knelt down and looked at her with a menacing look while holding her tinny tank top. "Don't you ever try to attack me again." I looked at every one and said "you will all run ten laps now!"

They all dispersed in fear and started running. My mum once told me that I had this fierce look whenever I was angry that made people get scared of me. I guess that was what happened.

I stood up from my kneeling position when my arm was held down by Lydia and scratched. I looked back at her and I was shocked to see how long her nails were.

"Enough" An authoritative voice said from behind us.