Chapter 1: what should i do?

Felicity
~
I'm sitting here, all stressed out as my agent give me some good and bad news. Come to figure out, cute romance are out of the picture and it's all about sex now. There is still some romance in them, but write about sex!? Hell no! I don't think I can even do it.

"You have to be kidding me Larry!" I tell him.

He gives me a sympathetic look and tells me, "Felicity there is nothing I can do. Looking at the sales, you can clearly tell that sex sells. People aren't interested in cute romance stories anymore. They want more."

I sigh heavily and I look at my fingers that are resting on my lap. I don't think I can every be able to write something big as that! I haven't been able to experience it myself...so how can I ever be able to write it?

Writing is my way of getting out of the real world and into my own little one with my characters. I started writing when I was in the 8th grade. Lots of shit was going down in my life. My parents were getting a divorce, and they were fighting for custody over me. It brought lots of chaos to my family and it took about 18 months to finalize everything. My dad won the custody battle and left my mom angry.

My mother was a stay at home mom. She didn't have job, nor a credit card under her own name. Everything was given to her by my father. My father is business man who own a very successful technology company. They were happily in love with each other, until one day my father came home early from work to surprise my mom, but he ended up surprising himself by catching my mom sleeping with his so called best friend.  I love my mom, but I am not as close to her as I am with my father. When I found out about the affair, it made me despise my mother. My father has done everything for her, he sacrificed a lot to get to where he is now, so she can have a wonderful life. He bought he everything she ever wanted. But that wasn't enough. Apparently My mother found another boo thing who is 20 years younger then her.

Barf!

She is selfish and only cares about herself. She never once thought about me. The only reason she was fighting for custody for me is so she can get that child support checks and spend it on herself. I'm glad that the judge made the right decision and allowed me to stay with daddy. Throughout the years it was only daddy and I. Sure he had a few women come here and there, but he always put me first.

And ever since all that happened, I started to write. I would just write stupid things like princess stories and all. But that all changed when I was a junior in high school. I started to go in deep into my short stories and I would I put my personal life stories in short stories and adding some plot and romances. One day Mariam (our maid) was cleaning my room and she found my journal. It was left open and when she picked it up, she read a few paragraphs and she fell in love. She immediately took it to my father and after he read them, he came to me and he encouraged me to try to write a book. And so I did. It took about a year to write a full book.

After that my daddy took me by surprise when he sent my finished book to an agent, who is the infamous Larry Chunkin. He is a very popular agent in the United States and he loved my first book. I ended up signing a contract with him while I was only 17 years old and with my fathers permission. Under 48 hours my book sold all over the United States and made millions. My father was so proud of me, he bought me a small studio where I now go and write in there. My father is truly amazing. He believed in me about my writing career and without him, I wouldn't be here today. But I should really be thanking Mariam. If it wasn't for her...my daddy wouldn't find out that I like to write. Ever since my big sell out for my first book, my father looked down at me and told me that he is proud of me. Now 6 years later, I'm 24 years old and sold about 10 beat sellers throughout my writing career.

"Felicity?" I hear Larry's voices break through my daydream.

"Huh"? I ask him.

He lets out a chuckle. I tend to stare in space a lot. That's usually when I'm thinking about a new story to write about.