Chap 4

Weeee I did it chap 4 is out and is probably one of the longest chapters for me mentally to have written, I'm really hyped about his chapter so enjoy the show!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ever since Tarrlok's Task force came into action things had been going smoothly for the police department, they were able to focus on other cases instead of the whole Equalist thing, it was nice just to relax for once. Luckily this was the one day (Y/N) had off and of course it was without Lin, The chief never rests.

So today was a day of just a day of relaxation and just not really having to worry about work, but of course even on days off you're never REALLY off work. (Y/N) was in the middle of filling in a couple case reports about the recent street vandalism from the Equallists but also some of the local gangs.

While tracking where the vandalism was easy, the actual crime committers were a little more tricky but (Y/N) was able to narrow it down to three major hotspots on where the vandalism was being committed more frequently. With a small sigh to herself she pushed the papers away from her and looked outside, there being a small rain of snow drifting slowly from the clouds and softly onto everything in its path.

She stood up stretching a little to crack her back from any unwanted uncomfort and decided to head to the shops to get some food, she looked in the fridge taking note of everything she needed before heading upstairs to get her coat on.

She gently opened the door to their home and headed out towards the snow covered streets of Republic city, she walked by a couple familiar stores as she made her way to the store. It felt nice just to somewhat forget about the recent events and just appreciate the small things.

(Y/N) noticed a couple things on her way such as a couple officers slacking off on their jobs, with a slight glare she rolled her eyes and whispered to herself "I'll talk to them tomorrow if I see them on my way back slacking off still". Other than that they were mostly pleasant things, such as some of the local animals running around the park as people sat on blankets watching the sky.

They were all enough to make (Y/N) smile, putting her into her own world. This almost made her miss the grocery store that she had intended on going to in the first place, coming to a sudden halt as she had just remembered. She laughed to herself and mumbled "I'm really out of it today huh", as she quietly walked into the store.

After getting the things she needed she began walking out once more passing by the same officers who were still slacking off, she sighed to herself and took note of their badge numbers before heading back home. Tonight was the quarter finals of the Pro Bending matches and she couldn't wait, the fire ferrets were doing pretty well lately, so she couldn't wait to hear about their matchup against the Buzzard Wasps.

As she was walking home she took a different route than usual just for a bit of nostalgia, this street being where she basically grew up, looking around it seems that basically nothing had changed. The street was lit up with many coloured lights from different stores, she smiled just reminiscing about her childhood.

Flashback

A young 7 year old (Y/N) ran down the street, the street was more known for its pop up shops and people selling pastries and other baked goods. (Y/N) was laughing softly as the snow covered streets left her small footprints all over, she was greeted by everyone from the neighbouring shops since she was pretty well known here. Her father's shop being her home and the most popular spot in the west side of Republic city.

She laughed as an old lady named Mrs Nachi beckoned her over and an excited (Y/N) dashed over saying "Oooo What do you have for me to taste today Mrs Nachi!!!" The old woman chuckled saying "well I have a wonderful apple tart for you to try out, also would you be a dear and bring two for your parents as well". The small girl nodded and smiled "Of course!!!", The older woman smiled and handed (Y/N) a slice of the tart which she gladly ate up.