His eyes ran through the crowd. How could he find the omega among so many wolves? He had no chance, yet he ventured deeper, determined to find the intruder. He knew it was impossible for the Jeon pack to voluntarily let in an omega. They dispised the. The only question was, why did only Taehyung smell them?

He pushed his way into the crowd, gently shoving people away. He was careful not to hurt or disturb anyone but his clumsy self still managed to step on someone's foot.

"Hey!" the guy hissed and glared at Taehyung. He had plump lips and chestnut hair which was neatly combed to cover up his forehead. Like the other wolves, he wore a suit and didn't seem happy at all that Taehyung got dirt on his polished shoes. 

"I'm sorry," Taehyung whispered, feeling truly bad for the guy. Then, just to make sure, he smelled him.

He wasn't the one he was looking for. The stranger smelled too ordinary. He must have been a beta.

"What the fuck?" the guy cringed as he felt Taehyung's nose gently brush against his nape. He turned around and sent him another one of his deadly glares. "Dude, what are you doing?"

Taehyung opened his mouth to say something but the next sentence of the Head Alpha distracted him. The man's voice resonated loudly and clearly in the dining room. "Let's raise our glasses to the young couple!" He followed his own words and lifted up his champagne as he turned around and looked at the two men in the back. "I wish you a long and happy life!"

Taehyung had just noticed the huge transparent hanged over the stage, saying Hoseok & Jungkook.

Everyone else in the room copied the Head Alpha and many glasses full of expensive champagne got hoisted high in the air as the crowd said as one. "Long live the next Alpha and Luna!"

Taehyung just stood there, completely misplaced. Several questions circulated in his head at the moment. When he left the pack eight years ago, the heir was Junghyun. He was the older Jeon brother so he deserved the next Head Alpha position. Not Jungkook. It's not like Taehyung didn't think the boy would be suitable for the job. Jungkook was one of his best friends as a child and a great alpha. But he was only a secondborn. Age dominates.

Where was Junghyun?

"What is going on here?" he muttered to no one in particular. The guy, standing next to him, still took it seriously and answered.

"An engagement party, obviously," he rolled his eyes and took a snip of his champagne. Taehyung watched as he held the glass classily, pitching it between three of his fingers, lifting up his stout, tiny pinky.

Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows at the sight. He knew this pinky. Not in a million years could he forget about it. "Jimin?"

His voice came out uncertainly and weakly. It was barely more than a faint sigh, yet the guy immediately raised his head and looked back at him with bulging eyes. 

Looking at him more carefully, Taehyung didn't understand why he didn't recognize his old friend right away. Although Jimin's puffy face was gone and his hair had a different color, he was still the same sweet boy who hadn't taken a step without Taehyung when they were young.

"Tae?" he asked back, being equally surprised. He didn't wait for his answer as he threw his hands around the other's neck, engulfing him in a tight hug.

A small chuckle escaped from Taehyung's throat as he hugged Jimin back. There were no more doubts he was his friend. Jimin's hug was still the same. Warm and fluffy.

"Oh my God! You grew a lot. I barely recognized you," he squeaked as he pulled away from Taehyung just enough to take a good look at his face. He still held a strong grip on his shoulders as if he was afraid his friend would disappear again.