Spring break (day 1, chapter 2)

EMERSONS POV !

I woke up to a bzzt, a text, from nathan.

Nathy: are we meeting up today?

Me: sure :)

Nathy: my house or yours?

Me: I was thinking about going to a park or something, Dougie could come to

I switch over to the contact labeled Doug the money machine.

Me: heyyyy man

Doug the money machine: wassaaa!

Me: Can you meet up at the park today??

Doug the money machine: yea sure, is Nathan gonna be there?

Me: ya

Doug the money machine: count me in

——

I should probably start getting ready. I went downstairs to greet my mom, breakfast already on the table.

Ew eggs, I don't complain though, my mom made this and worked hard on it. I grab 2 slices of bread from the pantry. I put them in the toaster and continue to eat my eggs. They were scrambled and seasoned pretty well, with salt and pepper of course, I'm not that fancy.

I hear a POP! And go over to the toaster. It was burnt, mmmmm I love burnt toast. I bite into it the burnt flavor filling my mouth. (Author note: WHAT AM I WRITING AHAHAH)

After eating my delicious toast I headed back upstairs to my room. I found a pretty casual outfit, a neon green-yellowish shirt and gray shorts with a green stripe across the side. Once I got changed I grabbed my scooter and started heading to the park.

———

I finally arrived and looked through the text chain I missed while scootering. Apparently they were on their way.

I feel someone tap my shoulder, causing me to jump.

"HAHAHHAHAHAHA YOU GOT SO SCARED!" A familiar voice says behind me, Dougie.

"Oh shut up you would be scared to"

He continues to laugh and starts rolling on the molch covered floor. It wasn't even that funny. I just ignore him and shake my head.

I see Nathan run towards us.

"What's wrong with him?" He asks

"Don't ask me"

Dougie wipes the tears off his eyes and stands up.

"H-hello Nathan!" He says stuttering from all the laughter.

We all move over to the short zip line thing. It was only a few feet off the ground.

Dougie immediately goes to hop on, the zip line sliding down before he can grab on, falling on the ground.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAH" me and Nathan both laughed at the boy on the floor.

We helped him up and re-tried the zip line thing. It was pretty fun. We all talked until sunset. Dougie eventually had to head home sadly. And Nathan decided to stay at my house for the night.

We scootered home together, starring into the beautiful pink sky as we road.

——-

By the time we got to my house it was already dark out. Before we headed inside we laid down in the grass and looked into the star filled sky.

I noticed Nathan getting cold so I grabbed the hoodie I brought along with me in case the temperature changed and handed it to him. He smiled and put it on.

"Ya know, today was really fun, thanks for making it amazing" I said to Nathan.

He blushed and nodded his head, he was more quiet when Dougie wasn't around. The hoodie was slightly big on him causing him to have sweater paws. Cute.

We go inside after a while. It was just us home. We walked into the kitchen, grabbing a few snacks and drinks, setting them in my living room.

I go upstairs and change into fresh clothes, he changes as well but in the downstairs bathroom. He had to barrow some of my clothes.

When I went back downstairs I realized he kept my hoodie on, causing me to smile.

I got some blankets and made a fort-like area. We got cozy and put a scary movie on. Yes, I put it on so he would get scared. He may seem tough but he's really just a softie.

He started obviously getting scared so I took this as an opportunity to get closer to him. I wrapped my arm around his right side. So cheesy. But I enjoyed it. He slowly started falling asleep. I whispered in his ear "I love you..." and fell asleep. Still snuggled against him.