§ 🄲hapter 17 §

Começar do início

There was a knock on his door and he opened it to find his grandmother with a bowl of soup.

"Isn't soup your comfort food?" Antonella Evans asked her grandson. "Other than cookies I mean."

"Yeah," admitted Hunter as he took the bowl and spoon. "Thanks Gran."

"I do have to tell you something though," said Antonella.

"Yeah?"

"You'll find the right person," said Antonella. "Just because you had one fail doesn't mean you go hiding in your little cave."

"But what if I find comfort in my little cave?" asked Hunter. He knew it was a stupid question, but he didn't feel like he wanted to leave his comfort.

"Then your grandmother will pull you out of your little comfort cave by your ear," threatened Antonella playfully.

"By the ear?" asked Hunter, a little complain in his voice.

"By the ear," repeated Antonella. "Now, two souls don't puzzle in together accidentally. Everything that happens in your life is and was supposed to happen."

Hunter nodded. "Thanks Gran. I needed that."

"Good," said Antonella. "You are definitely leaving your little comfort cave today."

"Gran!" complained Hunter.

"Eat your sleep and you are leaving," said Antonella sternly. "Listen to your grandmother and don't disobey her."

| - | - | - | - | - | - | - |

Petunia Evans got out of the house secretly and safely. She was going to meet up with a secret someone that nobody knows about.

Once she reached their secret place, she covered his eyes.

"Guess who it is?" asked Petunia.

"Hmmm... your brother?" he guessed.

"Nope, just me!" said Petunia as she kissed his cheek.

Mason McKinnon laughed as he hugged Petunia in to him.

"How was sneaking around?" asked Petunia.

"Made me feel like we were Romeo and Juliet," admitted Petunia. "It's quite adventurous, to be honest."

"I'm afraid if we keep it up even longer, your brother will kill me," said Mason.

"Well, if he kills you, I'll kill him," joked Petunia.

"You're joking," said Mason McKinnon.

"Yeah, I am," admitted Petunia Evans. "But we are only hanging out. We aren't even dating so Hunter doesn't really have anything to kill you for."

"For getting close to his younger sister," said Mason.

"Everything will work out," said Petunia. "I'll make Lily help me stop Hunter."

"Oh, really?"

Petunia started telling the boy she was hanging out with about what happened last morning. With laughs and exchanging talks, Petunia and Mason enjoyed their hangout session, if it could be called. I guess you can choose what we should name their little sneaking out sessions that keep happening more frequently as time passes.

| - | - | - | - | - | - | - |

Hunter Evans was out and walking through the park due to his grandmother's orders. Suddenly, someone skating crashed into him. Luckily, he didn't fall, but she definitely did.

"Are you okay?" asked Hunter.

"I'm fine," said the girl. "Good thing I wore everything needed for protection."

"Why were you even skating?" asked Hunter as he took a good look at her.

She had short, black hair that reached her chin. She was wearing elbow and knee safety pads that people usually wear for protection. Her clothes were a causal t-shirt, jeans, and a thin flannel jacket wrapped around her waist.

"A twenty-two year old can skate if she wants to skate," said the girl, making it visible for Hunter to see her eyes. They were gray, the same shade as rain clouds.

Maybe Antonella was right.

| - | - | - | - | - | - | - |

I may like this character much better than Brooklyn.

I would like to thank SARSCASTICQUEEN for suggesting this idea in the survey and I hope you like what I made of it.

Adios and I hope you liked these two chapters!