§ 🄲hapter 4 §

Start from the beginning

By the end of the hour, Petunia was done helping her brother send the text to the girl he met at the bar and was dragging Hunter to take her to the mall.

"Can't you drive?" asked Hunter. Petunia had just ended the video call he had with his friends and told him that she was ready.

"I don't feel like driving," said Petunia. "Now, up! Up! Up!

Now, let's just show you what Petunia made Hunter write...

You
Heyyy
This is Hunter Evans
The guy you met at the bar
Want to hang out?

"Question, shouldn't I not be that straight-forward?" asked Hunter as he started to drive.

"Trust me, Hunter," said Petunia.

"What if she breaks up with me before we even become a thing?" asked Hunter.

"Then that's good because that relationship was never meant to be," shrugged Petunia. "But I guess you'll have to try the relationship - if it happens - and see where it leads you. Just make me a promise that you won't cry over her."

"Why?"

"I won't tell you," said Petunia.

"You know, you are a lot like Gran," admitted Hunter. "You know she used to be called-"

"The Ship-Maker," giggled Petunia. "I'm already trying to help Lily. I know something definitely happened!"

"Oh, great," groaned Hunter. "You definitely are like Gran."

"Exactly," smirked Petunia.

| - | - | - | - | - | - | - |

Lily and the girls were having their usual Friday ice cream.

"Any new stuff for this week?" asked Marlene.

"Nothing at the moment," shrugged Alice.

"Feeling better than last time," admitted Dorcas with a one arm shrug.

"I haven't gotten anything," said Lily. "What about you, Marls?"

"Nothing," said Marlene. "Although, this is the first time we have nothing to talk about."

"I guess so," shrugged Alice. "We are obviously bored, though."

"We certainly are," said Lily as she ate her cookies and cream ice cream.

"Guess it's one of those days for all of us," said Marlene.

"I guess so," said Dorcas as she licked her spoon.

| - | - | - | - | - | - | - |

Brooklyn (Bar Girl)
5:10 p.m

Brooklyn (Bar Girl)
Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Oh, cute blonde guy

Hunter got that message and he felt like his heard was sinking. He didn't expect her to reply. He didn't know that he'd feel like this.

He also didn't know if the butterflies in his stomach were erupting from joy or dying from fear.

You
I guess that's me

Brooklyn (Bar Girl)
You know
I had an amazing time at the bar last time
You were adorable

You
You're gorgeous

Brooklyn (Bar Girl)
Oh, I know
And in case you forgot...
Heyyyyy, my name is Brooklyn and I'm 22 you look cute and I've been meaning to find me a boyfriend
So, cute blonde boy, when can you pick me up?
I was thinking tonight at 8

You
Sure
Just send me your address

Brooklyn (Bar Girl)
Oh nooooo
Let's meet at the same bar we meet at
Pleaseeeeeeee
That would be so cuteee!

You
Okayyy
See you there then

Hunter Evans didn't know what he was getting himself into, but I guess love is found in the weirdest places.

Except, if this won't be any kind of love and Hunter Evans was in it for the long game.

Of course, that voice that told him he was in it for the long game with love apparently was silenced and unable to speak tonight.

| - | - | - | - | - | - | - |

"Where is Hunter?" asked Lily as she entered the living room.

"He's on a date!" sang Petunia Evans. "Although, I need your help to know everything about her."

"He might have a great time," said Antonella. "But I'm not sure Brooklyn is good for my grandson."

"Oh, words from the Ship Maker herself!" said Petunia as she closed her phone. "Spill, Grannie! Spill, Queen Ship Maker!"

"Well, the future will tell, but I can never see future Hunter with this Brooklyn," said Antonella Evans.

"There's a different, Brooklyn?" asked Petunia with a wide smile on her face.

"There shouldn't be a Brooklyn at all," said Antonella. "But we'll have to have Hunter find it out on himself. My grandson is old enough to learn his mistake. Plus, this Ship Maker was wrong a few times before."

"All hail the honest Ship Making Queen!" called Petunia. "I found her Instagram a moment ago and she looks like those stereo-type brats, and that isn't Hunter's type if you know what I mean, Grannie!"

"Oh, I think I do know what you mean," said Antonella with a wink. "But, let the boy find his own path in love. You can only know if you learn from your mistakes."

"I need brain bleach," muttered Lily as she went back to her room, thinking if she didn't get out of the room it would have been better for her.

She didn't need to know that.

| - | - | - | - | - | - | - |

Hello!

Yours truly has finished one week and will finally be off on Monday.

I've got excited things coming up this Summer hopefully! ;)

I'll leave the wink there and leave you for now!

Bye bye!