I spoilt her trip

Start from the beginning

WHAT 

“I shall stay with Prof Peter for the time being.”  Eric sir said.

“come on Ric, why are you behaving so weird, its not as if you have a girlfriend and you are scared to cheat on her with me, and its not as if we are staying together overnight for the first time.” Ms. Jenna said and that was all that took to break me down, for the nth time today.

“hello…” I heard Eric speak to me over call, but I had no courage to hear his excuse anymore.

I cut the call and sat on the floor of the balcony. The cold marble tiles touching the back of my thigh.  I brought my knees close to my chest and brought my head to rest on them as I stared down on the empty roads, finding myself crying once again.

Lara entered the balcony almost in a rush and kneeled next to me, “oh my God Ana, what happened?” she turned my face, and her eyes rose in shock after seeing my pathetic condition.

“what happened Ana?”

“I guess I am the third wheel between them.”

“between whom?”

“Prof Eric and Ms. Jenna.”

“what made you say this, this isn’t true, he likes you Ana.”

“no… no.. he doesn’t… he..”  I said and started sobbing again.

“ok.. alright.. we’ll discuss this, you get in the room first. Its cold here.” 

She helped me rise and we went to the room. I sat on the bed which was comfortably warm, now that I know the cold.

Lara got me a glass of water and sat on the chair in front of me keeping her legs straight on the bed. 

“what is it, tell me now.”

“Ms. Jenna, I mean ‘Jen’, had come to his room.”

“for?” her eyes narrowed in confusion

“to stay there for the night, with him.”

“holy shoot… for real..?” she sat straight on the chair

I nodded, looking down at my feet rubbing nose with the back of my hand.

“he did not allow right?”

“he did say a no but….”

“but?”

“Ms Jenna said, that its not the first time they are sleeping together, so why is he being so awkward with it.”

“wtf!!!!!!!” her voice was loud enough to wake the entire neighborhood.

“don’t tell me now, that its nothing between them.” I was audibly sad

She leaned in to hug me and patted my back. 

“we’ll talk to him about this tomorrow.”

“no. that’s it. I will not be interfering between the two of them anymore.” I said firmly making up my mind that I have to stop it right here. I cannot let these stupid feelings fool me once again. It took me years to cope up with the betrayal of my parents and I cannot afford one more, especially when I can see the red flags clearly.

“you cannot give up like this Ana. You need to-”

  I rose my had indicating her to stop “please.”

“okay…” she said defeated.

ERIC’s POV:

If wrong timing had a residence it had to be in my luck today.  I knew Ana was mad at me, and I could not imagine what tomorrow had in store for me.

The way Ana had cut the call, I was sure, the things that we just made up for, is broken again, and this time it really needs a fixation.

I cannot let her go, I cannot lose her.

I tried calling her a few more times after Jenna had gone to sleep, but she wouldn’t pick up until she finally switched her phone off.

Yes Jenna was still sleeping in my room while I was sleeping on the couch  which was exactly opposite to the bed.

I did try to make Jenna leave but she wouldn’t budge. And to be honest I couldn’t give her a convincing reason except for professionalism and being teachers, but she couldn’t care less  about it.

And she was still right about us spending overnight together, but with that she meant spending overnight with two other of our friends, back when we were together in music school ;

and once, just the two of us, when we got locked in the basement of a building, where we went for our first music performance.  We were found the next day when the entire band was about to head home and we were missing.

It was never that we did anything. The way it might have sounded to Ana.

We never even spent a night together in a room like this, so this situation was definitely awkward, for me at least. She made it sound horribly wrong on the call and I was very upset at her for that.

But I was more upset about the fact that I knew how much it bothered Ana. She had been crying the whole day today, just because of me and I was guilty about it.

I tossed and turned and just thinking about everything today, from the bus ride to the the last call, and I realised I spoilt her trip.

__________________________________

I hope you liked the chapter.
Please vote ☑ comment and support.