Chapter 1

"There they are again!"

"Juno, get inside please, quickly quickly!!"

   I was quickly shoved inside my home by my mother, who slammed the door shut behind her as soon as my father ran in. They then hurry to lock the doors and windows in the house, leaving me alone at the front door. I made my way to the kitchen and grabbed myself a can of soda before heading up to my bedroom. As soon as I walked into my room, I closed my door, locked it, and threw myself onto my mattress. The name is Juno, Juno Matthews. I’m 18 years old, tall with short purple dyed hair, piercings, light tanned brown skin, emerald green eyes, and a bit of a gay disappointment. I am a part of a family of six, my mom and dad, my 26 year-old brother Allen, my 15 year-old brother Joseph, and my 13 year-old sister, Neveah, and we all live in a two story house. Mom is a psychiatrist, while my dad is a sales manager, and they get paid a lot of money. My brother is still trying to look for a good job. Whenever mom and dad aren’t home, Allen would be the one to make sure the younger one doesn't break something while they’re gone. Neveah and Joseph are little trouble makers, you take your eye off of them for one second and the next thing you know something is on fire. Of course they’re not like that all the time. Allen is the big and responsible brother, and a really great cook. I’ve always told him that he should become a chef, but he doesn’t believe that he is good enough to be one, which is not true.

    You could guess that my family is like any normal family, and you would be right. Everyone in my family is normal, except for me. For my entire life, I've been told that I am deathly allergic to bees. It's not fun being deathly allergic to your favorite insect, and no one would let near one. There would always be people who would protect me from them, making sure not a single one touches me. It would mainly be my mother who would keep them away from me, I always had to be accompanied by someone to make sure I won't be harmed while going out, and it's absolutely annoying. Everyone knows I'm deathly allergic to bees, even everyone at my school, sometimes I get picked on for it, some students would go out of their way to try and scare me with a fake bee. I honestly don't care what they say about me, I got used to it growing up, probably not a good thing.

    After a little while, I got off my bed and decided to read a book I had about bees. It's funny how I still love bees despite the fact that they could kill me if one decides to sting me. It started to get a bit hot so I cracked my window open just a little bit for the air to come in. Eventually, I headed downstairs to the living room to watch some TV, if my siblings didn't get to it first. Walking through the kitchen I made my way to the living room, and I wasn't surprised to see both Joseph and Neveah plopped down on the couch glued to the TV. I decided to join them and helped myself to their bowl of popcorn.

"The bee girl is finally out of her room." joked Joseph.

"Shut up, I wasn't in there for long." I say as I playfully punch him in the shoulder.

"Were you hiding in the closet again?"

"Why would I need to go back in there? You all know that I'm kahoots for girls."

"You know, just in case a bee creeped into your room."

"With all the precautions mom and dad are taking I doubt a bee would get in here alive."

"Hmm, good point."

    I watched TV for maybe two hours and decided to head back to my room. I can't go outside unaccompanied and I know that my siblings are not gonna accompany me just so I can sit outside so back I go to nap for a while. A couple hours passed and it was about noon when Allen came home with some groceries, I didn't even notice he was gone, and mom must have come home while I was napping. She ran to the front door as soon as Allen walked in.