She grabbed her dusting cloth and started cleaning every visible surface. After dusting the house top to bottom, she cleans the house, did the laundry, cooked for the next day...yet something was missing. No peace came to her, no sense of comfort, no feeling of sanctuary, of being in control.

It was as if something had broken in her again, that was beyond repair. She did not feel the sense of peace she generally did.

The anger and frustration rose in her again and she turned, abruptly and went back to her room. She felt as if life was taking her on a path she did not know about and did not want to be on.

She looked around and sank to her knees as the grief she had buried deep within her rose one more, bringing her to knees.

In the quiet of the early morning sun, Manjari cried for the future she had hoped for and not achieved. Her sobs filled her room but there was no one to comfort her, to hold her hand and wipe her tears. She looked around once more and made up her mind...

-------------------------------

Manjari knew she was being watched. She knew it was Suhani and she was trying hard to pretend that everything was alright. Manjari had flown back to India towards the end of December. She had wished to much as much distance as possible between herself and Neel. Her unexpected arrival (everyone had assumed that she would come during the Christmas break) surprised everyone. Her family had been worried and concerned and had asked her if everything was fine. She had brushed off everyone's concern by saying that Amaira had wished to meet her grad parents.

She had not missed the relieved expression on everyone's face. And the observant look in Suhani's eyes. Suhani had not pressed her to share anything but Manjari was sure that she wanted her to come and talk to her. Also, Manjari had gotten off so easily from the hook because everyone had a more pressing concern-lockdown about Wuhan. Health authorities in China in Wuhan, China, were being treated for pneumonia from an unknown source. Many of those sickened had visited a live animal market in Wuhan. The news was full o racist slurs against Chinese who were accused of eating anything and everything under the sun. She was in her parent's living room and was watching the news when she saw Suhani take the seat next to her. Her hesitance was evident. While the relationship between Mnajri and Suhani was cordial now, they were far from being best friends. Still, Manjari appreciated the efforts Suhani had put into changing her attitude. She looked at her, waiting for her to begin the conversation.

Suhani was playing with the hem of her T-shirt and shifting in her seat again and again. Manjari took pity on her and decided to break the silence.

"Did you wish to ask me anything Suhani?"

Suhani shook her head.

"Ok", said Manjari and turned her focus again on the news. Seriously, could somebody kill Arnab Goswami, she wondered? All that he did was shout. India cared two hoots about what he thought India should know...

"Is everything alright with you Manjari?", Suhani asked suddenly.

"Yes. Why do you ask?", she said still keeping her focus on the T.V. screen.

There was silence for the next few minutes and then Suhani said something which made Manjari drop the remote of the T.V.

"Does your coming here have anything to do with Neel?"

Manjari swivelled and looked at Suhani. Noticing the shocked expression on Manjari's face, Suhani grabbed her hand and started dragging her up to the rooftop. They had created a small garden on their roof that was everyone's favourite spot. But not in Delhi's harsh winter. Suhani sat down on a bench and patted for Manjari to sit too.