Chapter 1: A Setter No More

Kate pov: (Kate is Y/n)

I played as a Setter in the girls Nekoma team, but the team wasn't really good. So I decided to quit because I wanted to be the manager of my brother's team and help them become the best volleyball team ever... I walked down the empty hallway, it was quiet but the only thing you could hear was the clicking sound of my heels. I stop infront of the gym door, I sighed realising that this team might be difficult to manage and thinking if I was good enough for the job. I slowly open the door and look inside, no one was there, I walk in and look around the gym.

"What are you doing?" A man said.

"Oh sorry I was just heading out" I say walking towards the exit.

"Oh it's okay but you should get out" he said.

"I will thanks" I say leaving.

I walk down the quiet hallway and into a hallway full of people, I walk faster hoping to avoid talking to anyone while dodging people. I finally get out to the front of the school and decided to head home, I get my phone out to text Kenma.

(Bold text is texting over the phone)

Me - Hey Kenken I decided to head home so dont wait for me

Kenma - Okay Kate see ya at home and don't call me that

I walked home while listening to my music and playing games on my phone, I open the door to be welcomed by the peace and quiet of our home. Me and Kenma live alone together since our parents arent around anymore, I changed out of my uniform and then go raid the kitchen for food, after raiding the kitchen I play on the xbox and wait for Kenma to come home.

Timeskip...

After three hours Kenma came home, but he looked tired like he had done alot of exercise.

"Hey Kenken" I say.

"Hey Kat" He said tiredly.

"How was practice?" I asked.

"Tiring and boring oh and when are you going to start being our manager?" He answers.

"I start tomorrow" I replied.

"Okay it'll be nice to see you there" Kenma says.

"Yeah I guess" I said.

"Imma go take a shower" he said leaving.

"Mkay" I say to preoccupied with my game.

After twenty minutes he came back and sat next to me, he took the remote out of my hands and started playing.

"Hey~" I whined.

"Go shower" he said blandly.

"Hmph fine" I said heading to my room.

I walk into the bathroom and shut the door, I strip my clothes off and hop in the shower. After my shower I put a shorts and t-shirt on, I walk down the hallway to the lounge to see my brother still playing on the Xbox.

"Can I play?" I asked.

"No" he answers.

"But why~" I whine.

"Because I'm playing on it now" Kenma replies.

"Fine but I'm sitting next to you" I said plonking down next to him.

"Okay" he said.

We sat there for hours and hours and eventually I got bored of watching him play, I lay against his side to get more comfortable and still watch him at the same time.

"Kenken I'm bored~" I whined.

"So go do something then" he said sounding annoyed.

"No" I said pouting as I crossed my arms relaxing more into him.

"Okay then" he said while he chuckled.

After a while I felt a wave of tiredness was over me as I slowly fell into a deep sleep.

Kenma pov:

Kate has been quiet for awhile now, I look down to see she's fast asleep.

"Silly girl" I say sighing while I paused my game.

I pick her up and take her to bed. I walk back into the lounge after putting Kate in bed and continue playing my game.