Vampire High

Chapter 4. Vampire High 

It was Monday, Drake had taught her about the Island, the vampires and being a watcher. The most vampires were nice and didn't cause any harm. But Drake and Rukia still had weapons. Drake had a gun that was anti-vampire. Drake gave Rukia a miniature sword so when you would pres the button it would become a long sword. It was also an anti-vampire weapon. It wasn't deadly but it had a special power that vampires hated. Rukia understood being a watcher was hard, but she didn't want to give up. Today she would go to her new school ''Vampire high''. She and Drake were the only humans.

'So this school is a hideout.' Rukia asked Drake. 'Vampires won't die in the sun but it's not good for them. Humans need sun to survive and vampires need the night.' Drake said. It sounded logical. 'Ok.' Rukia answered. They went through a big door that led downstairs under the ground. Rukia couldn't believe it; everywhere around her there were boys and girls. They were all wearing black uniforms. The girl a skirt and the boy's just normal trousers... it seemed like a normal school except they were all vampire....

On the way to the school it wasn't busy, maybe because of the sunlight Rukia thought. But here underground there were hundreds of vampires, boy, girls, teachers and a few parents... but none of them were human.

'Don't be scared, we are watchers, and they know they can't harm us.' Drake whispered to Rukia. Even though he didn't know Rukia that well yet, he knew she felt a bit uncomfortable. 'I know, thanks.' She whispered to him. She felt as if every one was looking at her. On her uniform there was a silver W that stood for watcher. The Vampires had a simple gold V on there's.

'Who are you?' A boy asked. He had red hair and blue eyes, and looked at Rukia curiously but at the same time hostile. She sensed he didn't like her because she was a watcher, but he looked calm. 'Ehh... Rukia Sei-' 'Don't you have a lesson to go to?' Drake cut me off and he looked mad at the boy. It was obviouse they knew each other. The boy didn't look at Drake, but looked at Rukia. He didn't answer Drake and just turned around and walked away. His group of friends walked behind him and he left as mysterious as he had come. He looked popular Rukia thought. Drake had a look of hatred on his face. Rukia was wondering why Drake had got so angry. 'Drake?' she said. 'Come on.' Drake just said and dragged her to the class.

When Rukia came to the classroom she saw the boy with the red hair and those (even though she didn't want to admit it) beautiful sea blue eyes. And around him was his ''group''. Rukia was right he was popular. They all seemed to like him.

'Hi, my name's Timo Firees. It's nice to meet you.' A boy said that had tapped Rukia on the shoulder. Rukia turned around and saw that he was smiling. He had brown hair and brown eyes, he was kind off cute. 'Oh, sorry. My names Rukia Seiren, but you can call me Kia.' She said to Timo with a smile. 'So you're the new watcher everyone's talking about.' He asked while pointing at the silver W on her uniform. 'Um... yeah I am.' Rukia answered with a smile. While she was looking at his golden V she saw a little star next to it. Why would he have a star?  Drake came over and saw Rukia looking at the star. 'Timo is the oldest student of are grade and he is also the MAL.' Draje said. 'Mal?' Rukia asked. 'Minor Assistant Leader. Mr. Vrozen came up with it. I've got the same job as you guys, except I'm a vampire and I have the lead the entire Vampire Community.' Timo explained. Rukia understood him and nodded.

'So you're the new replacement of the old watcher. He got killed by a vampire.' Rukia, Drake and Timo looked at the person who had said it and it was the boy she had met earlier. He smiled evily. 'Let's welcome the new watcher, shall we guys?' He said to his friends. Rukia turned red. Timo walked up to him. 'Don't be so mean Mike.' So Rukia thought, his name is mike, it suits him and weirdly enough he looked hot, but his personality was awful. Mike looked at Timo, and turned around unwillingly. He looked at Rukia for a few more seconds and his eyes looked red.

The lesson had ended and Rukia hadn't said a single word. She decided that she would always stay near Timo or Drake. They were the only nice people so far. Mike... he scared Rukia a bit. She saw Drake and Timo walking away together . Rukia thought they would come back later so she sat on the side of the fountain.

Half an hour had passed and he still wasn't back. Suddenly she felt a cold air rush past her. She looked up and was looking in the face of the boy with the blue eyes. Behind him she saw about 10 other people and she felt like she couldn't escape. And she stood up, not knowing what to expect. She touched her sword with one finger ready to take it out. All the girls and boys behind Mike looked as if they wanted to kill her. 'What are you doing here?' Rukia said confidently even though she felt everything except confident. Mike and his group of friends said nothing but were smirking. 'You're a human right?' Mike asked emotionless, and he tilted his head a bit, and it almost looked like he felt sympathy. 'Uhm... yes.' Rukia answered. Everyone was looking at her and Rukia felt sick.

'I still don't know your name.' Mike said after a while. Rukia sighed, he only wanted to know her name. 'Rukia Seiren, it's not nice to meet you.' She said with a fake smile and held her arm out. He shook her hand and scraped his nails across her palm. 'What is this? Blood... the little girl has a scratch.' He said with a pretend concerned voice. Rukia gulped. Everyone was looking at her with red glowing eyes. 'It's nothing, I...' Rukia tried to say and pulled her arm back, but Mike was still holding it. Then something weird happened. It felt like she couldn't move anymore, as if he had control over her. Mike licked the blood of his finger and looked at her lustfully. 'NO!' Rukia schouted and everyone just laughed at her. Rukia suddenly felt scared. She tried to grab her sword but couldn't reach it. Mike had red eyes and you could see his fangs. He was aiming for her neck...

Then suddenly she felt a powerful force going trough her body. Suddenly she could move again. She could still feel the force of Mike but she was stronger. She pulled out her sword and held it against Mike's neck. She looked in his eyes, they were blue again but they had confusion in them. 'What?' Mike said, and he took a step back. His friends also looked confused and didn't have red eyes any more. Rukia didn't care she was really furious, fierce and a tad scared. 'NEVER do that again!' Rukia said furiously. And the sword was still opined at Mike. Rukia thought he was starteld because of her sword. But Mike wasn't, he was startled because she broke trough his powers, but Rukia didn't know that. And then he disappeared in purple smoke and his friends followed. Rukia stayed behind, a bit nervous but she still didn't put the sword away.