What really happened?

Chapter 2. Watchers

Rukia looked at him as if he was mad. She didn't want to belief him. Maybe she heard him wrong, she thought. 'Whaaat?' Drake looked at her. 'This is an Island for vampires... The person that attacked you was a vampire.' She looked at him in horror O.o

'I don't think you know anything about this Island do you?' Drake said and Rukia nodded. 'On this island the vampires are kept apart from the humans. To make sure that nothing can happen to the humans and so they can live in peace, without worries.' He paused. 'Sometimes vampires try to escape, go to the human world... and well get blood, and it's my job to stop them.' Rukia raised an eyebrow. 'So does that mean there are good and bad vampires? The bad ones need blood, like the one that attacked me...' She shivered.

'I understand it I guess, but what do you do?' She said curiously. 'I patrol every night and make sure the gates that connect humans to vampires are closed, and that it's calm and that no one tries to escape. Make sure that there are no vampires after 10 pm, and to save people like me. That's my job, do you get it?' Rukia nodded, she was finally beginning to understand it. 'And you live here to do your job and your dad...' 'Controls this Island.' Drake finished for me. He had little sparks in his blue eyes. You could see he was proud of his father. 'I'm called a watcher.' He explained further. 'O my gosh, I feel so stupid everyone else knew about it except me.' Rukia muttered. Drake laughed. 'Just make sure you're not out here after 10. It's dangerous out there, they can smell humans.' Rukia nodded

The door opened and a tall man came in. He looked a lot like Drake, maybe it was his dad. Drake explained to his dad what happened and introduced Rukia to his dad. He was a very nice man and suggested that Rukia could stay the night because it was too late to go back. 'Thank you!' Rukia said and Mr. Vrozen nodded kindly. They had some dinner together and Rukia told them about herself, and Mr. Vrozen and Drake told her more about the Island and there jobs. Rukia was very interested. After dinner it was time to go to bed and Rukia walked to the guestroom. Rukia was trying to sleep and thought about going home tomorrow, were she lived all alone. Tomorrow it was Saturday. No school, no friends to go to, all alone... just great

Chapter 3. What really happened?

She was dreaming, dreaming about being a watcher too. Then she could help to protect the humans from the vampire kind that had attacked her. She was scared, and she was very thankful that Drake had saved her. If he wasn't there what would have happened? She didn't want to think about it. She had made a decision. Tomorrow she would tell drake and his dad that she wanted to be a watcher too.

The next morning she woke up, she combed her hair and went downstairs. In the kitchen she heard voices, she listened to what they were saying. It was about her! 'She lives on her own? And she's 16?' 'Yes dad, I thought it was weird that her parents died and no one knows how. I think I know what happened.' The last sentence was Drakes voice. Rukia's face muddled up in confusion, and she listened. 'Vampire? Do you think her parents were killed by a vampire?' 'Yeah I think so.' She heard drake say, and she gulped. 'But I'm not sure dad. Maybe they just died because of a car crash, but still... she has lived here for ages and knows nothing about DeadIsland. She had never even heard about the vampires.' 'So you think that the vampire that attacked her killed her-.''Rukia's eyes widened, she started thinking that there was maybe a secret behind her parent's death. She waited for an answer from Mr. Vrozen but he said nothing. Drake started talking about something else as if they had never talked about my parents...

Rukia entered the kitchen. 'Hi Kia!' Drake said happily, as if he had known her for ages. Rukia smiled at him, but was still thinking about what he said earlier.  'We had thought about something.' Mr. Vrozen said, he said friendly but his face looked serious. 'Uhm... Ok? Rukia answered, she took the cereal and put some in her bowl added some milk and started eating. 'Do you really live all by yourself?' 'Yeah, I do.' Rukia said. Why did they keep asking that, she thought to herself? 'I thought about something too.' Mr. Vrozen looked at her surprised. 'Can I be a watcher too?' Drake laughed. Then Mr. Vrozen said 'We were just about to ask you if you wanted to become one!' Rukia looked surprised. 'Really?' 'We thought it was weird that you lived on your own, and we were going to ask if you wanted to be a watcher and live with us.' Drake then said. She didn't believe that that was the only reason, maybe it had something to do with her parents. But still she was happy. 'Of course I want to be a watcher.' She said with a big smile on her face.' 'So then I can help to make sure that the humans are safe from the vampires.' She asked as if it was a normal job. 'Am I then also a watcher?' She said exited. 'Yeah, if you can do the job and try hard enough.' Drake said with a grin.

'What about school, and my house?' Rukia suddenly asked. 'You can sleep at our house, because you can't keep going back and forth, and you will go to the same school as Drake.' Mr. Vrozen answered. She didn't mind it. She liked the company of Drake and his dad.' 'Thanks Mr. Vrozen!'

And so Rukia's weekend past by, she stayed in the guestroom witch was now her bedroom. She had left her old human life behind, and her adventure began: She was now a Watcher!