My mum and Gemma were originally going to come at 9, but also without consulting Em, I told my family that I would just text them when Em is awake. I know that Em wants them to meet Charlie, but she also needs sleep, and they can wait a few more hours.

A new nurse is here because there was a shift change and the one from overnight had to go home. I quite liked Ryan, but now we have Heather who is younger and always acts a little hesitantly around me. I think she recognizes me, but I'm glad she doesn't say anything. In any other situation I would gladly talk with a fan, but at this moment I just want to be with my family.

"Is it time for her to be fed again?" I ask Heather when she comes back.

"Yes, would you like to feed her?" she asks, seeing that Em is still asleep.

"Yeah, I would."

"Okay, I'll be right back with a bottle and some formula. Then I'll show you how to make the bottle," Heather leaves again, but as soon as she does, Charlie starts fussing. It's almost as if she knows she's going to be fed soon, but she's upset that she's not eating right away.

"Shh, it's okay, darling. The nurse will be right back with your bottle, and then we'll get some milk in your tummy," I rock her gently and try to calm her, hoping her cries don't wake Em.

Miraculously, Charlie calms and is only whimpering a little by the time Heather is back with the bottle.

"Have you fed a baby before?" She asks, setting the bottle, formula, and water on a table near me.

"Yes, I have."

"Great, so you know to hold her head upright and everything. Since you're holding Charlie, I'll make the bottle this time. We're going to start with just two ounces of water and one scoop of formula. If she finishes it, we can always make more, but since she's only a few hours old I doubt she'll take even this much," Heather pours the filtered water and formula, and tells me that while clean tap water is fine, filtered water that you can buy at the grocery store is always safe too.

"Now I'm just going to shake the bottle until the powder is mixed in. That should be good, here you go," I take the bottle and prop Charlie up a bit more so that she doesn't choke when I feed her.

This time, Charlie doesn't struggle to latch onto the bottle, but apparently that's because it's easier than finding the nipple. Her chubby cheeks are adorable when they huff and puff, drinking as much of the formula as her tiny belly can handle.

"I'm going to leave the formula and water here in case she needs more, but like I said she might not even finish this bottle and that's fine. Press the button if you need anything," I thank Heather and she leaves once again so that it's just Charlie and I sitting next to Em who sleeps peacefully.

After drinking about one ounce, Charlie slows her sucking, so much so that she begins to fall asleep as well. I take the bottle from her mouth and set it on the table so I can burp her. Luckily, she doesn't spit up because I don't have a burp rag near me and I'd rather her not make a mess on my shirt.

As she drifts off to sleep, I take this time to properly introduce her to her parents. It would probably sound ridiculous to anyone else, but I've always liked talking to her even though I know she doesn't understand yet.

"This is your mummy," I tilt Charlie towards Em, "she loves you very much, even though you put her through a lot of pain to get here. You were a little stinker; it took you a very long time to come out. You also came early though. Why did you do that? You were supposed to cook longer, silly." Charlie doesn't respond.

"I'm Daddy. I also love you so, so very much. I promise I will always protect and look after you, little one. Would you like me to sing you a song? I'm a singer, that's my job. Hmm, what should I sing?" For some reason, the only song that comes to mind is Your Song by Elton John.