35. All Eyes On You

(ELLAH)

My feet crossed over each other underneath the dinner table. Everyone else arrived at the last minute but made it in time before both of my parents reach their breaking point. Everyone settled around the table. I was watching my family gather themselves. Some of them poured their drinks into a wine cup and the rest of them ate the food like maniacs. I couldn't stay calm. I was losing my paitence with my family and Drew.

No one had no idea about what was happening between Drew and I. No one knows the things he said to me. Not even what happened minutes ago.

It felt like started over again to the time when Drew and I first met and there was complete utter silence between us. Someone must have pressed the reset button and changed everything.

Absentmindedly sitting next to a faction of cowardly dogs with no self control, I kept shaking my foot to keep me relaxed.The chewing stopped and so did the banging of the glass cups.

"Alright alright," Angelina had rose out of her seat to announce something out of the ordinary. It was a toil getting everyone to simmer down and give all their undivided attention to her. I looked around everyone else watching their utter faces. I suspected the food was drugged and no one can't stop eating it. She gave my father a very seductive stare taking a sip of red wine from her wine cup. Ew!

"Well my husband and I are very glad to have such a wonderful, mischievous family here today. I've never felt so smitten to anything like this before. The past few days were extremely exciting," she opened her hands out and everyone giggled at the table. "But the best part is celebrating our 12th Anniversary. Thanks to Ellah, my precious daughter," she placed both of her palms on her chest. She looked unbelievably overjoyed. Her eyebrows touched and she smiled at me happily. She pointed at me. Everyone's head turned and suddenly all the attention was on me. "She took the time out of her day to plan a wonderful party last night. I'm so thrilled. I never thought she had it in her. Thank you, I love you so much." She blew kisses in the air and I pretended to catch them.

Angelina finished her speech. Most of my family members had a heart to heart discussion about the vibe in the room and the reckless partying last night. Some of them talked about how drunk everyone was. I needed to laugh a little at these stories because I believe some of them aren't even true.

"Oh please," said Yelena reaching for a napkin in a pile at the center of the table "I'm the best Drew. The best woman after your mother to be part of your life." Drew quickly shied away and bent his head down. We all laughed at him. Drew and Yelena always talk about weird things and what not. Sometimes I get jealous of their relationship, but right now Drew and I aren't on good terms so its kind of annoying.

I was sitting two seats away from him to my right. Yelena was in between us. My uncle Jason to my left and my parents after him. A couple of family friends were at the table with us too!

My stomach started turning to knots when I kept looking at Drew. I kept picking at my broccoli drenched in soy sauce.

Yes, Yelena knows how to make a Chinese dish.

Drew caught me staring at him. I automatically averted my eyes.

"Yeah um, I'm going to the restroom," he pushed his chair back wiping the corner of his mouth. "Excuse me." He looked at his mother right in the eye. She nodded in approval. He quickly strode up the spiral staircases making a massive sound of footsteps. As soon as he left, Yelena whispered something in my ears.