The Dance

I was bored and I am an Aru shah fan, so I had to write the dance scene. Like come on. EVERY fanfic has the dance scene. Also sorry I do not remember Hira that well so I am not going to write about her that much in this one, maybe later.

The dreaded moment. Aru was going to the annual Halloween otherworld dance. Her mother was making her. And this time she knew better than last year. No buckteeth or red wigs. 
She wanted to go costume free, or in something like a Hogwarts robe, but her mom said that she needed to dress up a little more. So she talked to mini and arranged a partner costume. For REAL this time. 

(If you dont get it read the Dance short story All By Mah Sellf its a bonus chap in Aru Shah)

Aru was going to go as Evie from descendents, and Mini was going as Mal. The movie was a little kiddie, but come on, the costumes were cool, nobody can deny that.

If you dont know descendants either get a life and watch it, or google it.

I look pretty good, Aru thought, putting the finishing touches on her hair. The store was out of blue wigs, so she dyed her hair (not permanent). This time she was not getting teased for her costume. 

Aru was waiting for Aiden, he was coming from across the street, and they were going to go through the portal together cause the moms wanted it that way. 

"Hey, you ready to go."

"Yep. What are you this year? Lemme guess - incognito Peter Parker"

"I am incognito Clark Kent."

"Wowww wifey wow. At least last year you were Marvel, DC is a disgrace to superheroes everywhere."

"Shut up Shah. What are you supposed to be anyway."

"Evie, Daughter of the Evil Queen."

"Better than last year," He laughed.

"Okay lets go."

They stepped into the portal that led to the underworld dance. 

It was breathtaking. The seasons had decorated the dance floor, and there was a moon put up as a disco ball. Aiden left to go find Rudy, and Aru made her way to the snack table. There were rice cakes dipped in moonlight, and pastries crafted from the suns warmth. Despite this Aru did not feel hungry. 

She walked around, but could not find her sisters. Aiden was somewhere with Rudy, taking pictures. 

Aru sat down at a table, looking at all the kids dancing. She saw her sisters arrive, Nikita and sheela were wearing some sort of flower thing, and Mini was wearing matching witch costumes with Brynne. COME ON NOT AGAIN. 

There was no point in being Evie if Mini was not going to be Mal, Aru had even agreed to be the side character and put on a dress. This sucked. 

Aru pulled out her phone that her mom had FINALLY gotten her, only to find no reception. Curses, she thought. They can drag a moon out of space to use as a disco ball, but no cell service. Great. 

She was stuck here until the portal re opened in a couple hours. Just peachy. Aru found a nice seat in the corner, and sat down, looking out the window at the night bazaar. She was soon joined by her friends.

"Hey Aru. You look great." Mini said, taking the seat next to her. She was dressed in a long purple flowing gown with a witches hat. Brynne was wearing the same thing in black, "But I thought you were going to be the blue witch."

"Mini we went over this like a gajillion times, you were supposed to be Mal."

"Oops."

"Aru sighed and stared pointedly out the window."

"Aru, you are not going to spend the dance moping because of some costume thing, I mean you still look good."

Brynne sat down, "Okay, you get up. Aiden owes you that dance from last year and you are going to go take it OKAY."

Aru went pink. "I dont even like to dance, He can keep the dance."

"Nope you love to dance GO"

With that Aru was pushed out of her seat and into the crowd on the dance floor, her friends splitting up to find dance partners. She moved through the crowd, jostling people and looking for Aiden. He was nowhere to be seen. Suddenly from behind her-

"Hey Shah."

"Oh um hi." Oh um hi REALLY Aru, "You owe me that dance."

"Oh yeah." Aiden seemed to go a bit pink.

The song shifted to a slow one. 

"Um I don't really know how to dance . . ."

"My mom made me learn. I'll teach you" I mean that made sense, his mom being Malini the aspara lady person. (I think I got that right)

Aru placed one hand on his shoulder, and he placed his on her waist. They joined their other hands, and Aiden guided her across the dance floor. Aru felt as if she was on cloud nine, floating. Maybe dances were not so bad after all, when you were not alone. 

After a few minutes the song changed to an upbeat one, so the pair joined their friends. 

"Incognito Clark Kent." Brynne guessed.

"Oh come on! You couldnt have known that one."

"I can and I do." Brynne smirked.

They danced for a while, having fun. Just enjoying each others company. 

Maybe school dances were not as awful as Aru thought.

How was that for my first Aru Shah oneshot :) Ples vote and comment cause it makes me happy :)