Season 1 ~ Monster Hunting?

Start from the beginning

"Shut up." I spat, rolling my eyes at the redhead popping her pink bubblegum and standing directly in front of me.

"Uh-oh! She looks upset." Tommy chuckles.

Nancy raises the one hand of hers that's not in a fist and slaps Steve right in the face.

"What is wrong with you?" She says, shaking her head.

"What's wrong with me?"Steve asks, clearly upset with the girl. "What's wrong with you? I was worried about you. I can't believe that I was actually worried about you."

"What are you talking about?" Nancy shook her head in disbelief.

"I wouldn't lie if I were you," Carol pipes up, once again. "You don't want to be known and the lying slut now, do you?"

"Carol," I roll my eyes at the girl who had annoyed me for years. "shut up!"

"You think you're so tough, Henderson?" Carol threatened.

I roll my eyes and ball my hands into a fist, about to throw a punch at the girl until Steve grabs my wrist to stop me.

"Speak of the devil." Tommy says, jumping down from his spot on a wooden box. "Hi."

"You came by last night." Nancy concluded.

"Ding! Ding! Ding!" Carol speaks up yet again as Tommy wraps his arm around her. "Does she get a prize?"

"Look," Nancy says. "I don't know what you think you saw, but it wasn't like that."

"What," Steve says. "You just let him into your room to...study?"

"Or for another pervy photo session." Tommy quips.

"We we're just-" Nancy sputtered.

"You we're just what?" Steve asked, looking down at his girlfriend. "Finish that sentence. Finish the sentence."

I stood there knowing that this wasn't going to end well as Nancy stood there silently, avoiding Steve's stare.

"Go to hell, Nancy." He spat, turning the other way.

"Come on, guys," Jonathan said, tugging Nancy's arm, pushing her away from Steve. "let's just leave."

"You know what, Byers?" Steve said, pushing Jonathan's shoulder. "I'm actually kind of impressed. I was right, you are a screw up. Just like your father."

"You asshole." I say, walking in front of Nancy and Jonathan, pushing them behind me and punching him.

He lets out a groan, holding his nose as anger and sadness was evident in his eyes, his fist tightened as he brought his arm up, about to hit me but instead Jonathan makes his way in front of me, punching Steve directly in the nose.

"Steve!" Nancy shouts.

A fight brakes out between the two as Nancy and I yell at them to stop punching each other while Tommy cheers them on.

In the distance, I hear sirens wailing. The cops came, chasing after Steve and Tommy who were running away while they grabbed Jonathan and shoved him in the back of the cop car.

Nancy and I stood there, not knowing what to do.
===
Sitting in the police station after the fight with Steve and his friends, I was picking at my finger nails as Jonathan and Nancy sit beside to me.

Nancy pressed an ice pack on Jonathan's head. I smiled over at the two, seeing as they got along very well.

Joyce Byers and Chief Hopper came into the station bursting through the doors as they see the three of us sitting at a desk.