Season 1 ~ A Very Merry Christmas

"He's up." Jonathan says, walking into the hallway, smiling wide as tears well up in his eyes.

Pulling him into a hug, I smile, telling him to wait as I go get the boys.

Clicking open the door, I walk into the small room, holding the handle as I look at Mike, nodding as I plaster a small smile onto my face.

"Guys. Guys," Mike says, frantically tapping my brother and his friend to wake them up. "he's up. Will is up. Guys, Will's up."

Raising his head from Lucas' shoulder, Dustin lets out a loud groan as I laugh, leading them into Will's hospital room.

"Guys, come on." Mike says, running behind me as we reach his room, opening the door as I lean against the wall.

"Byers!" Mike shouts, him and Lucas rushing over to his hospital bed, hugging him tightly as they let out a laugh.

"Be careful." Joyce smiles, happy the boys reunited. "Be careful with him."

"Move." Dustin demands, pulling Lucas and Mike by their shoulders, pulling them to the side as he flops down on top of Will.

Pushing him aside, I reach down and gently hug him, ruffling his hair when I sit up.

"Welcome back, kid." I smile.

"Guys, guys." Jonathan says, coming into the room as I stand next to Dustin. "Go easy on him."

"You won't believe what happened when you were gone, man." Lucas exclaims, smiling down at his friend.

"It was mental." Dustin says as I rub his back, sharing a smile with Joyce.

"You had a funeral."

"Jennifer Hayes was crying."

"And Troy peed himself."

"What?" Will exclaimed, his eyes widening in excitement.

"Yes!" Dustin exclaimed. "In front of the whole school."

Will cut Dustin's excitement short, coughing loudly, causing Joyce and I to share a concerted look.

"You okay?" Mike asked, tapping his shoulder.

"It got me." Will mumbled. "The Demogorgon."

"We know." Mike sighed. "It's okay. It's dead. We made a new friend. She stopped it. She saved us. But she's gone now."

"Her name's Eleven." Dustin pipes up.

"Like the number?" Will asks, narrowing his eyebrows at my brother as I smile at the two.

"We call her 'El' for short." Lucas shrugs.

"She's basically a wizard." Dustin says, his eyes widening.

"She has super powers." Lucas whispers.

"More like a Yoda." Mike suggests.

"She flipped a van with her mind," Dustin exclaimed as the boys started talking over him. Giving one last look at Joyce, I smile, slipping out of the room to let the boys talk.

Walking outside, I lean against the brick wall of the hospital, taking a drag from the cigarette I just lit, while fully processing what had just happened two hours ago.

I hear the door right next to me open and I see Steve walking out. He leans against the wall next to me, one hand in his jean pocket while the other takes the cigarette out of my hand and inhales a drag from it.

"Hi." He says.

"Hey." I nod.

"I'm really sorry."