Chapter 4

Time skip to the end of the school day

It was the end of the day. Pico and Keith went off the new rap battle place, while me and Gabby went to her house. Honestly, I was a bit nervous to go to her house again. Don't get me wrong, we were really close friends, it's just that her parents could be a bit....... intimidating. That was my first impression of them until I saw how much they really cared about Gabby and that they're really just like every other parent. I snap out of my trance when I see Gabby waving her hand in my face.

"Did you hear what I said?" She told me, clearly aware I had no idea what she said

"No sorry, what did you say?" I responded, a bit embarrassed that she knew.

"I said, we're here." Gabby said, sighing.

"Oh, alright then. Lets head inside then."

We made our way inside of Gabby's house. Her mom was in the kitchen as she greeted us.

"Hi Mom."

"Hello Gabriella, I see you brought one of your friends over."

"Hello Mrs. Murder." I told Gabby's mom. With a last name of 'murder', it doesn't really give you "comforting" vibes, so it's pretty obvious as to why I didn't feel comfortable my first time here.

"It's not often you show up, what bring you here this time around?" She asks me.

"Gabby said that she wanted to show me something." I tell Gabby's mom.

"Oh yeah, come on Y/N, I'll go show it to you right now." Gabby says, grabbing my hand taking me to her room. "She has a point though, you should come around more often so we can hangout, maybe even as a group someday."

"Not a bad idea, I'll take it into consideration." I say to Gabby. "Any who, what's the thing you wanted to show me?"

"Oh yeah, it's in my closest, one sec." Gabby tells me, walking over to her closet to find whatever the heck she was gonna give me. "Ah, here it is, finally found it." She eventually says after a few minutes. She holds out what looks to be an old game.

I take a look at the cover. "Hating Simulator? I thought this was to improve my flirting skills or something."

"Trust me Y/N, despite the game name, it's actually pretty good at showing some pick-up lines." Gabby tells me with confidence.

"Alrighty then buddy, I'll take your word for it. After all, you're the one who played it."

"Besides, you have a *insert what you play on (PlayStation, Xbox, etc)* right?" She asks me, making sure I can actually accept this.

"Yeah, I do." I said

"Great, in that case, here you go then." She says handing me the game.

"Wait, are you sure you want me to take it?" I said, hesitating whether I should actually take it or not.

"Yeah, besides, you tend to play a lot of game right."

Well that is true, but I haven't played any date sims. Although, it doesn't hurt to give it a try. Besides, I can get a proper opinion on them then.

"Alright then, I'll take it then." I said to confirm

"Are you sure?", Gabby asks wanting to make sure that I'm not just accepting out of pressure.

"Yeah, besides, I can get a proper opinion on dating sims now." I tell her to let her know I'm sure of this decision.

"Alrighty then it's all yours." She then hands me the game. 

I put it in my bag to remember it later. We then continue talk about other things to pass the time. By the time we decided to check what time it was.

"Hey Gabby, ya know what time it is?" I ask her, too lazy to reach for my phone.

"Hmmmmm, lets see it's...... 8:30?!?!?"

"Seriously!?" I ask her to see if she was joking. I then check my watch. It said.... 8:30. "Wow, we..... we really just talked for like 5 hours and chilled."

"Looks like it" Gabby responds almost as surprised as I am

"We should do this more often." I blurt out accidently. Not what I meant to do there

"Agreed." Gabby replies.

At least she feels the same way about this. But seriously, we should hangout more often.

"Anywho, I should head home. See you tomorrow Gabby." I tell her, grabbing my bag.

"See ya."

I make my way back to my house, which was about 5 blocks away from Gabby's house. I take out my house key, unlock the door and head inside. I reach inside my bag to find my phone and end up pulling something else.

Oh yea, forgot about this. Eh might as well boot this thing up.

I find my phone and head over to my *insert what you play on* and put the game in.

Now then, impress me, Hating Simulator.

The screen begins to load and I see a strawberry blond guy in a blue shirt and pink tie on the menu screen. I select start. The screen then changes to white, slowly getting brighter.

GABBY, I THOUGHT YOU GAVE ME A GAME, NOT A BOMB

And then, I black out.