1

"Catch the ball, Liliana." Jeremy yelled from the other side of our front yard.

He was teaching me to have better coordination, just like every young lady should. She should be elegant and not clumsy like I was.

The sun was slowly sinking down on the horizon making it harder for me to see the small ball, but Jeremy didn't let me back inside until I had caught the ball 3 times in a row. It was harder than it seemed, I only had very little hands and the ball was quite small but still rather large in my hands. Jeremy wasn't very lenient towards me so he would throw the ball as hard as he can expected me to catch it.

Head lights shun from behind me, showing that our neighbor was home. I looked behind me and caught the familiar green eyes gazing at me. Harry my new friend, was our neighbor. Suddenly I felt the ball hit my head and a large headache erupted from the area that was hit.

I let out a small cry and Jeremy started laughing. I glared over at my tall brother and tears pricked my eyes.

"Boy! That is not funny." A low voice bellowed from next me me.

Harry grabbed my hand away from my head and inspected the sore area. His hand was so warm against my skin as he gently caressed the area. "You okay Liliana?" He asked, his bright emerald eyes meeting mine.

"Yes sir, just a headache." I answered moving away from his touch.

I looked over at Jeremy and he was glaring at my new friend, why was he giving such a mean look towards Harry. Harry was nice, he even owned a candy store. Jeremy jogged towards Harry and I and took my hand, taking me away from Harry.

"Jeremy! This is Harry, he's my new friend. He owns a candy store Jeremy, how cool is that." I squeaked showing Harry to Jeremy.

"Nice to meet you sir, we must be on our way Liliana. We don't want to miss our show now do we?" Jeremy said tightening his grip on my hand.

"See you tomorrow sir." I said running to the door of my new house.

***

"Jeremy, Liliana, please get ready. The new neighbor is coming for dinner, be decent Liliana." My mother called to us as we sat watching our show on the television.

I sat up from my position, removing my legs from Jeremy's lap and looked towards my mother. She wasn't the prettiest lady but she was perfect to me, maybe a little strict to Jeremy and I but that was to help us grow up proper. She had long blonde hair and brown eyes, she had a few wrinkles around her face but she did have an 18 year old son so I thought is was okay.

She always said I would grow to be a a proper lady and marry a proper man at the age of 27 and have a child at the age of 29. She had planned my life before I was even born, I didn't go against her though, I was an obedient child.

"What time mother?" I asked her as politely as I can.

"Mr Styles is coming in 2 hours Liliana, I expect you to be ready in 1. Do you understand?"

"Yes mother." I said getting up of the couch.

She gave me a small smile and went to the kitchen to start on the dinner that would be served. I hope we're having spaghetti, that is my favorite. But knowing my mother she would serve me salad and the other people at the table meat.

I was never allowed to eat too much, mother said that if I was fat I was not an eligible bride. That didn't stop me from eating everything in the fridge when everyone was asleep, or buying sweet to eat for myself. Besides I've never been a big girl anyway, I always been a small girl in height and width. Weighing only 100 pounds and standing at 5 foot.