"No, um, do you think you could come pick us up? Something has happened and we can't take my car."

"Okay, sure. Can you give me your address?"

"Yeah, 167 South Street." I said closing my eyes and hoping I was making the right decision.

"Okay, we'll be there soon!" He said before hanging up. I went through my contacts again and found my moms name. I grunted before pressing her name. It rang and rang, but she answered.

"Hello?" She yelled over other people yelling.

"Where the fuck are you!" I yelled angrily.

"Who is this?" She slurred a little.

"Your son who's car you stole. Where. Are. You?" I asked slowly.

"On my way to New York City! Woo!" I sighed and put my hand over my eyes.

"Why?"

"I have friends you know Landon. Plus, the drugs in the city are somuch better than in that stupid town." I frowned and shook my head.

"Okay well don't fuck up your life too much." I said before hanging up.

"I hate her." I said to Tom.

"Where's she going?" He asked as we walked across the parking lot to the road. This way, they'll know that yes, this is in fact where they need to pick us up, not the house across the street or anything.

"New York City." I said trying to control my anger.

"Why?"

"The drugs are better there."

"Yep, that's your mother."

"I can't stand her sometimes. I really can't." I said. We stood there in silence for a few more minutes until a black Audi pulled into the parking lot. I saw Lacey sitting in the front seat and she was talking to the lady driving. Tom and I walked over and opened the back door. I looked around before getting in.

"Hey Alex." I smiled scooting to the middle so Tom could get in as well.

"Hey Landon!" He said kissing my cheek. My eyes shot over to the woman who was driving and saw she was watching us through the rearview mirror.

"It's okay Landon. She won't tell anyone." Alex said quietly as we started driving away. "So, mom, this is Landon and Tom. Landon and Tom, this is my mom." His mother smiled.

"Hello boys. It's nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too Mrs. Littleton." I said taking Alex's hand.

The ride went by quickly with some small talk involving everyone. I was glad Alex's mom didn't say anything about the motel... well with me in the car at least. There might be some talk later.

When we arrived at the house, Alex quickly pulled me out of the car and started pulling me up the driveway by my hand.

"I'm so glad you could come, even though Lacey was the one who asked, I was asking in my mind..." He continued talking a mile a minute without paying attention to where he was walking. He slipped on ice and started falling, but I quickly caught him. I was behind him with my arms around his chest and he had his legs out. He sighed and leaned his head against my stomach.

"That was close." He said before I helped him straighten up.

"You okay?" I asked smiling and trying not to laugh.

"Meanie, you're laughing at me." He said pouting.

"No I'm not." I said biting my lip.

"Liar." He said as everyone slowly walked past us and into the house.