barons and blacks

September 4th, 1976

-Regulus-

"Y'know, I bet the Bloody Baron was definitely hot in his prime."

The group of Slytherin's all shot Claudia a concerned look, all of which the girl promptly ignored as she continued eating her breakfast.

"Zambini, what the actual fuck?" Evan questioned as he glanced at his other friends as if to make sure they all heard what he did.

Arabella blinked then turned to shoot Estelle a 'can you believe this' look only to see the blonde deep in thought. "Es, you can't seriously be considering what she said!"

Estelle snapped out of her thoughts, "I didn't say anything!"

Nathaniel chuckled, "Daydreaming about the Baron now? You and your boy fantasies keep getting weirder and weirder."

Estelle promptly hit the Avery boy in the back of the head and hissed a silent "Shut up."

Regulus glanced across the table with a questioning look which turned into an eye roll when the blonde witch smirked and showed him her middle finger.

Why does she have to be so bloody annoying?

"Personally I think the Bloody Baron was ugly."

The group turned to see a short blonde witch grinning madly.

"Ickle Laurence, glad you could join us, where is your blueberry-headed sidekick,"  Rosier said with a grin.

Cosette glared threateningly at Evan, eyes ablaze and fist clenched, "Call her that again, I dare you."

Evan held his hands up in surrender, "I meant no harm, you know I like your precious Corrent. I'm just poking fun."

The Slytherin fourth year's glare turned into a smirk, "She'll be here shortly. Now move over." With that, she shoved the Rosier boy aside and slid in between him and Regulus.

Despite Regulus's distaste for Estelle, Cosette Laurence was actually quite enjoyable, when she wasn't threatening him that is. The two had bonded over their mutual dislike of the marauders, specifically Sirius Black. The eldest Black brother had taken a liking to flirt with the French beauty that was Estelle Laurence, much to the dismay of the Slytherin girl. Due to the witch's dismissal of Sirius's advances, the boy had gotten creative and persistent. She was a challenge and Sirius Black is not a person to accept defeat.

Claudia spoke up as she looked at the younger witch with amusement, "Do explain your reasoning Stell 2.0."

If anyone other than the seven Slytherins that currently surrounded her called her anything other than her name she would have hexed them. But knowing that it came from a place of endearment, she accepted the nicknames from the people her sister considered family.

"Well, the Baron fell in love with Helena Ravenclaw, but she did not love him in return. At one point, he was sent by a very ill Rowena Ravenclaw to find Helena and bring her home so she could see her one last time. When he found her, Helena refused to return with him and so he killed her. I think that the Baron was so ugly that the idea of being near him revolted poor Helena to such an extent that it literally caused her death."

The group all stared at the young girl with concerning looks except her sister who had her head back and laughing hysterically.

"You know, she's got a point," Avery replied as he gave the girl a fist bump from across the table.