joyful-ish reunions

September 1st, 1977

-Estelle-

Just like she had done for the past two years, Estelle Laurence parted ways with her younger sister and made her way to her usual compartment. A smile broke out on her face when she saw the group of black wearing purebloods that she had so desperately missed.

"Merlin, you take forever, I was starting to get worried you were going to leave me here alone with these idiots," Arabella said with a playful smile.

"I sure hope you didn't just lump me in with them," said Claudia as she shot a glare at the girl.

"Definitely not Dia, I would never," Arabella replied sweetly as she pats her friend's cheek.

Estelle laughed and opened her arms for the girls who gladly embraced her. Being outnumbered by boys in their group, which was referred to as the "kingdom" by the rest of the school due to their royal-like reputations, the three girls had become inseparable.

"I missed you both very much. Two months is a quite painful amount of time spent with only my sister and Corrent. Please promise me you will be visiting next summer."

The group usually came to France over the summer and stayed with the Laurence family but this year they all had to stay home, for what Estelle didn't know, thus leaving her alone with her sister and her best friend.

Cosette Laurence was a fourth-year Slytherin that could have easily been a Ravenclaw if it wasn't for her hunger for power. She was always the smartest person in the room and she made sure everyone knew it. Reyna Corrent was a spunky Hufflepuff Cosette had practically adopted. During the first day of Hogwarts, the youngest Laurence saw a blue-haired girl being picked on by a group of Slytherin boys and decided to punch the leader in the face. She not only broke his nose but also secured herself a friend for life. She learned that Reyna was a metamorphmagus which Cosette thought was incredibly cool. Ever since that day, the two girls were rarely seen without the other. Reyna often spent summers with the Laurence family and as much as Estelle liked to pretend she got annoyed by the two girls, she adored her sister and had grown quite a soft spot for the young metamorphmagus.  

"Please you adore them and yes, we will be joining you this summer. Do not fret." Arabella replied as she placed a little kiss on the blonde's cheek.

"Can't let you keep all those French boys to yourself can we?" Claudia replied cheekily.

Someone cleared their voice from behind the girls, "Why go for a stupid French muggle when you have a perfect british pureblood right here."

Arabella groaned, "Perfect my arse," while Claudia snickered, both releasing the witch from their embrace. Estelle's eyes were met with a pair of differently colored eyes.

The witch let out an airy laugh, "Gabriel, still on this are we?"

"One of these days you'll wake up and realize you're madly in love with me," Gabriel replied with a prominent smirk on his lips.

"Oh I'm sure, now give me a hug you git."

Gabriel pulled her into a tight embrace. Although the Mucliber boy's favorite activity seemed to be flirting with Estelle, he was one of her dearest friends. She quite enjoyed their playful relationship and always knew she could count on him.

"Move aside loverboy," the only other blonde in the compartment stated as he jokingly shoved his mate out of the way to wrap his arms around the witch. "I missed you, Queenie. How are you?"