prologue

September 1st, 1976

All of the first years had just finished being sorted when Professor McGonagall lead two blonde girls towards the front of the room. The entirety of the great hall seemed to freeze at the two beauties. Their hands were interlocked and one seemed to be older than the other. The taller girl appeared to be whispering encouraging sentiments to her companion.

"Those must be the exchange students."

"I heard they are french."

"Bet they'll be in Ravenclaw."

"No way, the taller one will be a Slytherin for sure."

Murmurs of rumors swirled throughout the room before Dumbledore cleared his throat and addressed the student body.

"We have two students joining us from Beauxbatons Academy of Magic, would Cosette Laurence please step forward."

The older girl placed a gentle kiss on the younger girl, whose name was revealed to be Cosette, head and motioned for her to approach the headmaster.

Cosette shot the taller blonde a weary look as sat down on the stool. The sorting hat was then placed on her head.

"Hm, a Laurence? I haven't had one of you in a very long time. Where to put you... I believe you shall thrive in the house of your ancestors. So let it be... SLYTHERIN"

A smile broke out on both girls' faces as the older blonde shot her smaller companion a proud smile. The younger girl hopped off the stool and made her way to the cheering table of green.

"Estelle Laurence, please step forward."

Estelle, with her head, held high, crossed over to the stool and sat down, gracefully crossing her legs. Cosette shot her sister a smirk from her seat as if she knew the results already. Estelle winked at her sister as the hat was lowered to her head. Upon barely brushing her blonde locks the hat yelled out.

"SLYTHERIN."

A collection of groans were released from the other three houses as Slytherin acquired both french beauties while the house in question was ecstatic. Estelle sauntered her way over to the sea of emerald and scanned the table for her sister. Upon noticing her sister already in a discussion with a few students, she looked for an open spot. A brunette girl motioned her over and Estelle smiled, walking over to take the seat.

"Hello, I'm Arabella Mulciber," the pretty brunette said as she extended her hand out to Estelle, who took it.

"Estelle Laurence, a pleasure to meet you, Arabella."

"Pleasure is all mine, would you be of pureblood decent?"

"Yes, long lineage of french witches and wizards."

"Positively lovely," the girl replied with a smile.

"Yes, lovely indeed but on to more important things. Such as myself, Claudia Zambini," a girl on the other side of Arabella said as she smirked at the blonde.

Estelle smirked back, "Important huh?"

Claudia's smirk widened, "Very."

Arabella laughed at the two girl's antics and the three silently agreed that this was a friendship they all wanted.

"Well now that the opening act is out of the way we can begin," a sandy-haired boy across from Claudia said, "I am Evan Rosier and the pleasure is all mine." The boy sent a flirtatious smirk.

Estelle laughed, "It certainly is."

A brown-haired boy across from her scoffed, "Ignore him please, I'm Gabriel Mulciber, the soon-to-be love of your life."

Estelle shot the boy a 'is that so' look, "I'll keep that in mind and if I may say, I think your eyes are rather dashing."

Gabriel winked at the blonde witch, "Ehy yes you may."

A rather tallboy that was seater between Evan and Gabriel gave her a genuine smile, "I do apologize for my friends' antics, they get quite excited at times. I am Nathaniel Avery."

"It is quite alright, I thought it was rather amusing. Nice to meet you, Nathaniel."

The blonde witch then turned to the raven-haired boy that sat on the opposite side of Gabriel and raised her eyebrow at him. Their eyes met and the two held the contact until the boy rolled his eyes and spoke up.

"Regulus Black."

"Estelle Laurence."

The two Slytherins attempted to size up the other, judging eyes scanning over each other's appearances. After a few seconds, they made eye contact again but this time Estelle chose to raise her eyebrows as if challenging Regulus. The boy scoffed and turned his cheek as if she wasn't worth his time.

The blonde rolled her eyes, "Bite pompeux," she muttered.

Regulus's eyes snapped back to the girl and glared, "Fille insupportable."

The two attempted to burn holes into the other's bodies with their eyes.

It was at this moment that Estelle Maryse Laurence and Regulus Arcturus Black decided they wanted nothing more than to rid themselves of the other's presence.

welcome to the start of my

regulus black fanfiction.

i hope you enjoy it.

xxx

-sammy