"I've actually forgotten that I have that name."

A cool breeze blew in through the open window.

His shiny, golden hair fluttered slightly.

"I hope you will continue to refer to me that way in the future."

I looked at him with blank eyes, and then I came to my senses. I was held in his brilliant, golden eyes.

I thought for a moment and opened my mouth,

"What I just said was a mistake."

The original Ariel would have liked it with her eyes twinkling, but I don't want to break the wall between us.

"How dare I call the High Priest by his name."

It was good not to cross the line because I will not live in the temple for the rest of my life anyway, and I will not see the real Camilla's face once she gets here.

"......"

He was silent for a long time, looking at me while smiling.

After a while, he said,

"As I've said before..."

"......"

"Now that this is Ariel's home, you can have and do anything you want."

Reyhas was a brilliant and gentle man, as depicted in the novel.

"As long as you understand that freedom comes with responsibility."

But this is a story only for Camilla.

And I wasn't Ariel, who might have stupidly said, 'Can't I just call you Reyhas without the title?'

"Of course, High Priest."

"I've often wanted to hear my name from Ariel, but it's too bad."

A smile was still hanging around his mouth, but there was a lot of pressure on my part.

"Thank you for bringing me a meal."

I turned and bowed my head.

The High Priest was the only person in this temple who knew that I was a fake to smoothen out the temple life; therefore, there was nothing to bug him in his eyes.

"Maybe it's because it's been a few days, but today..."

His feet stopped before he said something.

He said as his divine, radiant golden eyes gazed upon me,

"You look a little different than usual, Ariel."

I smiled awkwardly, looking at him with the most perplexed, ironical look on my face.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

A few days have now gone by. I sat at my desk and organized some of the things I had checked.

'It's the 722nd year in the Holy Calendar and 82nd year in the Imperial Calendar now.'

It was five years before the real saint, Camilla, appeared.

I am currently in the Ilyde Empire, a religious country where the monarchy and the divine regime coexist.

99% of the country believed in God; what was important was not the monotheist system. There are nine gods with various titles and names, and many temples are dispersed here and there.

Hetus, the God of Justice.

Hesed, the God of Knowledge.

Odyssey, the God of Love.

執拗な神々On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara