The young revenant panicked, his youthful face nothing but a blank, pale sheet. 

"I convinced him and I'm sorry,"

The woman moved away, putting distance between her and Colette. She wasn't surprised her girl was the mastermind, she expected it but it didn't mean she was any less upset. So many things could've happened to both of them while they were gone.

"I'm appalled, I'm angry. I expected better from you, Colette," Recognizing the anger in the queen, Oliver stepped up. He decided to be forthcoming, to come clean sooner rather than later, perhaps it would deescalate the tension faster the thought.

"We ran into trouble, your majesty,"

Adira's visage contorted from the annoyance. "What did you do?"

"A man tried to attack the young miss and to protect herself, she used her powers on him and several other humans saw,"

The entire room went silent. All those who remained cast their eyes to the nervous girl. Colette stood by herself, wringing her fingers around with a busted grin on her face. That was an offence, that was trouble and big trouble for anyone in the supernatural world and for the two people to be so nonchalant about it, all the revenants pitied them for they couldn't recognize the severity of revealing one's ability.

"Jesus," the queen whispered in disbelief. Everyone saw the way her face turned sour and dark.

"I'm sorry, but I thought taking Oliv-"

Her majesty placed a hand up, silencing the rambling girl. Colette hadn't seen the woman do that to her since the beginning of their acquaintance, so it offended her. Actually, it hurt her feelings.

"Truly, what were you thinking, Colette?" There was an indubitable disappointment on the woman's face, ultimately saddening the girl.

"He was just so cooped up and I knew what that feeling was like. I wished back when I first came here that someone would've taken me away just for a little and I was right making the same assumptions, Oliver felt like a caged animal,"

There was silence.

"As for me revealing my powers, it wasn't intentional. A man tried to assault me and before you say it was my fault and it's what I get for leaving, it wasn't, he had no right to attempt something as vile as wanting to touch me,"

"Colette why on earth would I blame you for defending yourself against possible assault? Why would I blame you?"

"There's that look on your face,"

"This look is an amalgamation of worry, concern, anger, heartbreak, but not at you showing your powers but at you leaving without saying anything to me or the staff. You're not prohibited from doing such things but it would leave me less worried if you said something before," Adira closed the gap between them.

"Now at your failure to do so, you risked your life, you exposed yourself, and now the humans will talk about what happened and once they talk everyone will know and now I will have to clean up that mess, that's what I'm angry at, not you defending yourself but you leaving without notifying someone and it resulted in this."

"I'm sorry," Colette mumbled but Adira cupped her face.

"Did he touch you?" The woman no longer cared about the offence committed, she cared about her love, her girl. She was more than ready to move mountains if Colette ever told her to.

"No," the girl placed her hand over the woman. "I'll never let another soul touch me, ever,"

"Good," Adira pulled her into her chest. "Because I'd go back there and kill him myself,"

"But please Colette," Adira nudged the girl to take a seat.

"If you wanted something you could've asked the staff and they would've gotten it for you, perhaps even prepare it for you."

"I'm sorry," she looked away.

"What's happening to you?" The woman recognized that there was more, she sensed it. There were times the young woman didn't seem like herself but it was fleeting, despite it being temporary, the thought of it worried Adira.

"Nothing," Colette lied and got up from the table. "Again, I'm sorry for upsetting you, I'm sorry for taking Oliver with me and I'm sorry for letting those folks see me use my powers," she stormed away.

"Colette, wait," Adira bustled after her.

"Please talk to me, mon amour,"

"I just-"

Colette paced the room and Adira watched her, waiting patiently.

"Since I've bonded with the Avalon, so many weird things started happening to me. I don't have my usual appetite, I can barely even sleep and sometimes it messes with me. I'm up late tossing and turning, sometimes I feel conflicted, I'm tired but I'm also not, I'm happy but sometimes I feel weary, overwhelmed for no reason."

"It's your body getting used to this new cycle of change, Colette, it's you getting used to this and it's a normal experience but why didn't you say something sooner? I could help with all of those things, I thought you knew this,"

Adira continued to observe her.

"I didn't know if it was something I should've been worried about, it's why I didn't say anything because I didn't want to cause you to worry. I also thought those things would go away on their own,"

"Oh, sweetheart," Adira cradled her yet again. "I know how awful change can be, I also know how liberating and exciting it can be. I want you to always remember this though, I am here for you, no matter what it is, whether the situation is big or small, even if you have the slightest discomfort or ache or annoyance let me know, I can help, I can always help. Even if I can't I will find someone to help you, Colette,"

"Why do you have to be so nice and understanding all the time?" Colette fussed.

"Did you just call me flawless? Ooh, I like it," Adira teased, kissing the girl on the cheek.

"You're so full of yourself," the girl rolled her eyes.

"But you hype me up,"

Adira, despite conveying her true emotions did not convey all of it because, beneath the surface of her affability, her gentleness, her besotted propensity, the woman was annoyed, thinking, worried. The queen now needed to fix the situation regarding Colette revealing her power and before it drew much attention. The process was going to be difficult, tedious, long and the woman thought heavily about what the others would say if word spreads quickly.

The queen needed to act fast.

Later that night, after Adira gave Colette a sedative she concocted for her, she pulled McLean aside.

"They're going to bring up her shortcomings if word ever gets out," said the man.

"Then we need to never let them learn what happened,"

"An inducement?" The man arched a brow.

"Get all the parties involved, find all of them and offer them money, if they refuse have Isaac and Samuel take care of it. Take them out without a trace, I cannot have a word of this get out there, I cannot have the council prosecute Colette,"

The older revenant understood the queen's concerns and he understood his duties.

"I'm sorry for sending you out so late but I need this done immediately,"

The man pats her on the shoulder, issuing a faint curl of his lips. "I'll take care of it, don't you worry,"

"Thank you," replied Adira. She watched as McLean left the room and quietly she wandered over to her room and curled up in her bed was the girl who slept peacefully.

"Oh Colette," mumbled her majesty. "I try so hard to keep you sheltered," she stood there simply gazing.

"I merely pray that the damage done tonight is fixable." She said cradling her head.

×

Y'all been asking for smut and I plan to grant that wish soon just so y'all know 😏🤭👌🏾