Jesus, was this the definition of self-esteem?

"No, please don't." Louis whined and Harry smirked.

Suddenly, Harry looked down at him, leaning closer so their shoulders were touching. Their eyes locked steadily and they both weren't able to look away.

Until Harry's hand went through Louis' hair, his fingertips feeling the softness of the messy locks before he placed a gentle kiss against Louis' temple.

Then he backed away and stood up towards the door, before he turned around to look at Louis sitting still like a statue, extremely confused at what just happened.

Harry started laughing, "You should've seen your face!" He cackled and left.

So. This criminal had a weird kind of humour.

The motherfucker liked to play with Louis' feelings, those confused feelings, feelings of certain hate towards Harry. Yup.

•••

"Guess what?"

"What?" Louis looked up as Harry closed the door behind him.

"No-" he sighed, "you have to guess, honeyponey."

"Oh god, not the name." He scoffed while rolling his eyes. This man had no limits. Besides, what the fuck was this man? Scary? Childish? Both?

"Yes, the name," He sat down and handed Louis his daily sandwich, "Now guess." He said while taking a bite of his own.

"How am I supposed to know?"

"I don't know, Lou, maybe guess?" Harry chuckled and threw the paper bag from which he had gotten the sandwiches onto Louis' lap

"Haz-" he interrupted himself by choking on his sandwich, quite shocked, "Harry! You actually called me by my name this time!" He said while smirking and took another bite, careful not to choke this time.

"I didn't say your name. I said Lou, do you consider that your name?" Harry chuckled before he looked at Louis with a serious gaze, waiting for an answer.

"Well if anything, it's better than any of your pet names." He mumbled, looking at Harry still frowning at him, he felt his cheeks heat up under the man's gaze but looked down to cover it and then continued eating.

"Alright, then I'm gonna call you Lou from now on." he spoke seriously which Louis found a bit weird. He had thought Harry would've at least chuckled.

"Fine, Harry. Call me Lou." He mumbled with a little smile. He looked down to hide it again.

"Nah, come on. Don't call me by my name." He mocked and looked up because that's what he did while thinking.

"I'm sorry that I don't use pet names for you. You're still my hostage taker and you're going to kill me, why are you even sitting here every day?" Louis rambled and quickly regretted it as Harry's face turned serious and his cheek clenched, but it wasn't anger. Did he- Was that a sparkle of compassion in his eyes? No... couldn't be.

"Not a pet name, just, something else," Harry spoke slowly and then returned to his relatively good mood, "And, you see, Niall and I don't get along very well."

"I've noticed that." Louis chuckled as he finished his sandwich.

"Yeah well, he pisses me off, seriously. I assume you're bored too and I enjoy your company way better than his."

Oh.

Okay.

"You still didn't guess, you know."