Chapter Twenty-One - The Father Figure

Continuation from chapter twenty

- Dixie's P.O.V

"My father said he'll be here in 10 minutes..." Noah walked over to me and pulled me off his couch and lifted me into his arms. "...and have I told you how amazing you look?" I was wearing my most expensive and classy dress... granted it only cost $20, but to me, that's a lot! It was black, short and gathered nicely under my breast making them look more voluptuous.

"you might have mentioned that once or twice" I blushed and lightly kissed him on the lips but he took advantage and crushed his lips onto mine when I tried to pull away. Desire shot through me like fireworks and my hands knotted in his hair pushing him closer. He moaned a deep, sexy sound in the back of his throat, giving me access into his mouth. I slide my tongue into his mouth and he does the same to me, caressing my tongue. Noah's hand slowly moves down my body to my thigh, up my dress to my butt. He groans as he squeezes, his fingers digging into my flesh.

He breaks off the kiss, both of us panting to try and get our breaths back. His eyes filled with lust and burning desire, forcing me to swallow the dryness of passion in my throat. Noah whips his head to the doorway and I follow his gaze, realizing the reason why he had pulled away so forcefully, his father!!

Oh crap... What a great first impression. He exhaled heavily and disgustingly looked me up and down, sizing up my cheapness as I did the same to his designer three-piece suit! And other than the strong masculine jaw and cheekbones, he looked nothing like Noah! Noah had soft and loving hazel eyes whereas all I saw in his father's black eyes was darkness and anger. I could tell he hated me already just from looking at me, and I hated him too!

"Hello, father" Noah broke off our awkward stare-down oblivious to the sudden tension in the room and shook his father's hand. "Dixie this is my father, Tim Beck. Father this is my girlfriend, Dixie" Noah stood to his side, His back now straight and the look for both fear and respect for his father in his eyes. It sent a shiver down my spine, it was like I was looking at a completely different man!

I didn't want to disgrace Noah so I pushed my anger aside and forced a smile on my face, "It's nice to meet you, Mr. Beck." I shook his hand, obvious that I was faking my happiness... but I thought I should keep this formal.

"Dixie" He took my hand and strongly shook it, proving he had the upper hand over me... what! That's all he's going to say.. prick!! God, I am so glad Noah doesn't act this stuck up!

Noah took my hand and we followed his father into the dining room. The room was huge... but no surprise there!

We took our seats at the top of the table that looked like it could seat 50 people! Tim took the head of the table, whilst I and Noah sat opposite each other next to Tim

Throughout our meal, Tim didn't once strike a conversation with me, all he talked about was work, meetings and the business deals he had made in China... purposely leading the question away from anything I could have input on. Noah noticed and tried to turn it so he could include me, but impressing, not once did Tim let it happen... I would be impressed if he wasn't acting like such a child!

*buzz buzz*

Noah's phone rang, stopping all the conversation. He looked down at the caller ID, "sorry I have to take this.." I shot him a look, with my best puppy dog eyes, asking- begging for him to stay but he stood and answered the phone, miming an apology before leaving the room... leaving just me and daddy-o!

We sat in silence, occasionally looking at each other and exchanging judgmental, evil looks waiting to see which one of us would talk first. Seeing as I was most confused over why he hated me so much, without even knowing me, began.

"Have I done something to offend..." before I could even finish, his royal arrogant highness cut me off!

"What are your intentions with my son.. are you just his thing on the side? A little fling? Nothing serious right, mean why would he want to spend time with someone with no financial status..." He swilled the wine in his glace as if he was just talking about the weather!

"Excuse me!" that is all I could manage to say, I am still in shock! Who does he think he is calling me a 'thing' so casually!!

"What is it you want? Money? A house? Tickets for you and your mother back to England?"

"We have a house and I don't want your disgusting money..." then it clicked... "You've done a background search on me!?!"

"I needed to, Noah is my son and I want him to make the right decisions."

"And why am I not making the right decision!" I feel sick! How could such a person act like this... Noah, I need you! Come back quick!

"I'm sure you're a nice girl, just not the right one for my family. How about you take the money and forget about Noah, huh.." WHAT!

"I don't want your money! I want Noah"

"I tried to play nice, but if you're going to act like a spoiled brat then you leave me no choice." Tim intimidatingly stared into my eyes. They were black and fired with anger and frustration... I could understand why even Noah, who was strong and confident, was scared of him. "You either break it off completely with Noah, or I can and will make life difficult for you and your mother!" It doesn't bother me if he hurts me, but not my mother.. that was it, the final straw! My body instinctively took over.

I shot up from my seat, the chair legs squeaking as it slid on the floor and I pointed in Tims's face to make my point seem more threatening!

"Listen here, Dick! For all the time I have spent with Noah, not once have you been brought up in conversation, nor have you ever been home to see your son! So from what I gather, you love your work more than your son, so don't you think you can control our relationship after only spending one minute with me! And then you think you can bribe and then threaten me and my family into doing what you say, just because you have money!! My answer is no! I Love your son and he loves me, GET USED TO IT!"

Tim was frozen with shock! Ha! Before Tim could reply Noah walked back into the room.

"Sorry, I had to take th..." he stopped after seeing me standing at the table, obvious tension slicing through the room

"Is everything ok here?"

"Everything's fine, I was just telling your father that I should be going now." I fought back the tears that were now stinging my eyes, wanting to fall and instead forced a smile so Noah would let me leave without questions. I needed to leave, I can't spend one more second with this arrogant, vain bastard!

"Oh ok, are you sure you're alright?"

"um-hum I'm fine" I began to walk to the front door with Noah, when I turned back to face Tim "It was nice meeting you Tim" I lied through my teeth!

"The pleasure is all mine" Our acting skills were amazing and believable to Noah who knew nothing about what had just happened, but to us, it was all said in spite.

To be continued...

A/N

Hope you guys enjoyed this have a great day love you all and thank you for 1.5k on this story.