Confessing

"Hey, Y/N, do you like anybody?" Gabby asks as we prepare our breakfast. I feel my face heat up at her question.

       "Yes, Gabby, I do. Why?" I say, quickly changing the subject. She smirks at me, almost as if she knos what's up.

       "What's his name?" she asks, making my tense up. I haven't come out to her yet...

       "Well..." I trail off, my whole vibe suddnely changing.

       "What? What's wrong?" she asks, laying her hand on my shoulder.

       "Gabby... I'm pansexual... and I like a girl. Her name is Raechel, or Rae for short," I say in one breath.

       "Awww, Y/N! I'll always be here no matter what!" she says, giving me a side hug.

       "Thank you, Gabby," I smile at the girl.

       "So when are you going to tell her?" she asks. I just shrug.

       "I mean, I'm not really trying to keep it secret, but I'm also not like dropping hints or anything," I explain flatly.

       "I see, I see..." she trails off, "You should tell her now!" she exclaims, making me shrug.

       "I mean, better now than never. Let me make sure she's not streaming first," I say, checking YouTube, "She's not streaming right now. Should I call her?" I ask and Gabby nods her head. Before I know it, my phome starts ringing, reading, "Valkyrae," I answer the phone and put it on speaker.

       "Hi, Rae! You're speaker," I say with a smile.

       "Oh, hi, Y/N! Who's with you..?" she asks. I could practically hear the smile in her voice.

       "Just my cousin, Gabby," I say, shrugging.

       "Oh! I can call back later if you want..." she says, trailing off.

       "Oh, no! I was actually just about to call you... I haf something I wsnted to tell you..." I say, suddenly loosing any and all confidence I had previously.

       "I had something to tell you, too.. but you can go first!" she says happily. I smile at the offer.

       "Are you sure you didn't want to go first?" I ask, not wanting to be rude.

       "Of course!" she says in her usual cheery voice. I take a deep breath.

       "Rae... I know we haven't been talking for very long, but we've become so very close in that short period of time. Or, at least, I think so.. and I just wanted to let you know that I.. that I like you... as more than a friend," I say, holding my breath. Silence. Next timhing I know, laughter comes from her end.

       "Are you serious? Wel called to say the same thing! I like you too, Y/N, and you jist stole my thunder!" she explains with an obvious smile on her face.

       "Awww, how cute, now let me talk to her in private, Y/N. Her and I need to have the talk," Gabby says. I hand her my phone and raise my hands in defeat.

       "I'll be back in a bit Rae," is what I say before leaving the room.