𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟓

As I leave Hatori's car and make way for the house, I do my best to fix my hair and outfit. I trust that no one will be suspect me of improper acts.

"Ms. Yuihiso, Master Hanako would like to see you in his office." A maid tells me as I enter the house. My throat constricts as I think of all the possibilities as to why he'd want to see me in his office. Anywhere from him telling me that he knows about my relationship with Hatori, all the way to something stupid about the wedding. And it's that uncertainty in the situation that makes me even more anxious.

God, god, please don't let it be something terrible! Please keep my secret safe!

"You wanted to see me?" I tug at my skirt, knowing the worst has happened. His dark eyes furiously glare at me.

"Take a seat."

If I could only have just gotten stuck in time with Hatori under the wisteria trees, then I wouldn't have to be here, deathly afraid. "Will you please tell me why you needed to see me?"

"Fine. I wanted to ease ourselves into the subject, but since you're so rude, I'll make it quick. I know about your affair with Dr. Hatori."

"I promise I'm going to break it off before the wedding! Please don't tell anyone!" I yelp. I knew it. I knew this was going to happen. All of my fears were existing for a reason.

The way he leans back in his chair, you'd think this was a leisurely subject. But I know that if Hanako knows, then Akito must know.

"You'd be foolish to think that falling in love would be a good thing for you, Yuihiso. It makes people stupid and ludicrous. You'll marry for gain and convenience, not love. Get it out of your head already." Dad, what did you know? I thought you were so wrong, but I see how right you were. I've been living a foolish dream, a foolish love.

"I've already been kind enough by silently breaking this engagement."

"What?"

"However, knowing that you've probably been sexually active with that man, I told the Family Head. It's for the best."

"Act on those feelings, and you'll have trouble."

"No! Why would you do that! It isn't for the best!" I have to tell Hatori! I have to get him and leave this place. I have to run away before I become just like Kana. "Why must you be so cruel."

"You should have kept your legs crossed and your mind clear. It was very foolish of you to get with your boss of all people." He snaps. "You should be glad that I haven't told the entire estate."

Thud!

My body crashes onto the plush, maroon carpet. My mouth spews vomit as my senses go mad. I'll be dead by the morning and, if not, without memories of Hatori.

Ring! Ring!

"Hello? Yes, of course. I'll send her right over." He puts the phone down as I cough more. "That was the Main House. Akito would like a word with you."