"Pans, now we have to find you a dress" Daphne says and I nod in agreement. 

"Versace" I say and Pansy nods, the three of us there after a snap. 

Pansy walks through the store as Daphne and I drink and laugh about what's going on at school, when she walks towards us in the white dress Naomi wore with the slits on the side and heart shaped neckline. She looked stunning and we told her so. 

"There's no way I'm matching Cedric" She says with a small laugh after walking out with a large Versace bag. 

"The dresses are actually all at the top degree of perfection" Daphne says and I laugh with Pansy. 

"I love you guys so much" I call out as we all excitedly walk down the busy streets of London, disguising our bags. I see a jewelry boutique, and tell the two I'll meet up with them later. Walking in, the first thing I see is a silver ring that I can't take my eyes off. A snake wrapping around the central band. 

I purchase it and tuck it into my pocket as the cold winter air hits me on the way out. I apperate back to Hogwarts and soon catch up to Daphne and Pansy as we reach the dorms. 

-

We always celebrated Christmas together. And I don't mean sometimes for dinner, I mean the full out break. We stayed at the Riddle mansion all together, our parents coming often for death eater meetings, but mostly to enjoy time off on the holidays. They had parties and balls, grand feasts and elegant desserts. All of the kids stayed in rooms, getting to see their parents daily but free to explore the mansion together. 

A fact that many do not know is that Voldemort, Tom Sr. as we call him, has a normal face, a normal voice, a normal appearance. He changes his face for the public, wanting to appear as inhuman as possible, but around the holidays with us, he looks like a regular man. In fact when we watched the Great Gatsby for the first time, I could hardly tell the difference from him and Tom Buchanan. 

So the holidays were headily avoiding Voldemort, yes, but not as death defying as one would expect. Him and Bellatrix weren't always home either, so most of the time we had the place to ourselves. This year the group that was staying included Pansy, Daphne and I, Tom, Mattheo, Theodore, Blaise, and now Draco. 

The Christmas holidays were always bound to be interesting. 

-

I put my stuff in my room and quickly fall asleep, tired from walking. By the time I wake up again, it was dinner, and I made my way down to the great hall. After eating, I feel an arm around my waist and Mattheo spins me around. 

"Rose" Mattheo whispers in my ear and the two of us start to walk throughout the hallways. 

"What'd you do today?" I asked him, looking at his messy hair. "A little bit of a lot of things" He whispered smiling directly in my ear. 

"Cryptic" I say disapprovingly as we come to a stop. Stairs appear to come from the ceiling and I follow Mattheo up to the top of them.

"This isn't-" I start and Mattheo cuts me off, kissing me. "Maybe" He says softly and I look around the room. Astronomy. Discontinued in November because of the winter cloud formations, and necessities for other courses. 

The room had vintage furniture and large windows to look out of, with charts of constellations placed all around the classroom. A dim lamp flickered on in the corner, barely lighting the room. It was perfect, the moon shining through the windows, illuminating the room. 

I walked over to the window and Mattheo soon joined me, his arms around my waist. 

"I love you Rose" He whispers in my ear. 

"I love you Mattheo" I whisper and turn around, pulling him in by his tie and kissing him. His hands find the small of my back as mine find the back of his neck as I pull him closer to me. 

"I was supposed to ask you something important" Mattheo says breathlessly after a little bit, staying close to me as his gaze meets mine. 

"What was it?" I whisper and look up at him, smiling. 

"You know you're really beautiful" Mattheo whispers and I feel myself blush. 

"You're not too bad either" I say smiling at him. 

"Did you get your dress yet?" He asks looking down at me. 

"I did. But I'm not sure who I'm going with. This guy I really like, still hasn't asked me yet" I say shaking my head. 

"That guy must be an idiot" Mattheo whispers. 

"A total idiot" I say sarcastically. 

"I'll try to redeem myself. Rose, my love, will you go to the ball with me?" Mattheo asks, smiling at me. I reach up and kiss him, smiling against his lips. 

"Of course idiot" I whisper and he kisses me again. 

-

hey everyone, so a lot of these references are from the 90s and weren't around when this takes place but I'm so obsessed with these three dresses that I needed to have them worn by my favourite three characters. If anyone wants a visual, you can google "Princess Diana navy Dior slip" for Daphne's, "Chanel couture chain black dress" for Rose's (I highly recommend it's SUCH a stunning dress) and for Pansy's "Naomi Campbell white Versace dress runway" and it's the long one not the mini, but feel free to visualize anything you want. I love you all so much <3