Chapter One - Back From Berlin

September 2016

September 2016.

"New York, Queens, it's a rough burrow but hey it's home."

"Are you making fun of me again?!" A boy's voice called as he entered the room.

The girl laying with her head hanging off the top bunk laughed loudly. "Who me?" She set down the camera that she had been watching playback videos on and rolled off the bed landing on her feet. "Never." A giggle escaped her mouth.

"Mhm Sure..." The boy who walked in chucked a sweatshirt at the girl, hitting her in the face. "What are you doing in my room anyway?"

The young girl made an "oof" sound as the shirt covered her face. Clutching the shirt and pulling it off, she glared at him. "Well... Peter, May said you weren't home yet, so as my job as your younger sister, I came to snoop," She said with a playful grin. "Where were you?"

"Stark-" He began to say.

"-Internship" She finished. "Sure thing Spiderman." She teased. "You know you don't have to call it that around me."

The girl's brother rolled his eyes. "Shhh, Paige, you know I still can't tell May yet."

Flopping down on the bed, she pulled her legs into criss-cross applesauce. "I know, I know. I still can't believe you've had these powers for a year now."

He sighed sitting down next to her. "I know... It's kinda crazy." He chuckled. "and I can't believe that as of tomorrow, my little sister is going to the same school as me." He ruffled the girl's brunette hair.

"Alright alright!" She protested. "Are you trying to make my hair as messy as yours?"

"Yes, actually that was the goal." The boy said smugly. "You nervous?" He asked.

Paige shook her head. "No." Tomorrow was going to be her first day of high school. Except it wasn't any normal high school, she would be attending Midtown High: School of Science and Technology, the same school her older brother goes to. It was a school filled with smart people, geniuses if you will. "Should I be?" She said snapping her head towards him.

"No! No!" He protested, "Well? Maybe..." He teased.

She sent him a glare and hit him in the arm. "Hey!"

"What! I'm kidding! Hey, I'm kidding." He reassured sending her a loving smile. "You are gonna love it I promise." He said placing a hand on her shoulder. "Oh! Would you want me to show you around?"

"Yeah, Yeah! I'd love that," She paused. "You're not gonna stick me in a locker are you?" She questioned.

"Well, now you are just giving me these ideas P!" The boy laughed, playfully punching his sister in the arm. Giving a sad, unamused look, Paige crossed her arms. "Hey! Look! I promise, I am not gonna stick you in a locker, and you know I won't let anyone else do anything similar to you okay?" Peter smiled and held up his pinky finger. "Pinky Promise. And you know I can't break a Pinky Promise."