His lips linger along my neck and swiftly move down to my thighs, parting my legs open so he can get comfortable between them. I let out a moan as he moved my thin underwear aside and slid a finger over my folds.

"You're so hot", he mutters and brings his sloppy kisses to my stomach. My dress is bundled at my waist and my heels are dangling off the couch.

His body is ripped from mine in a matter of seconds and my brows furrow as I pull down my dress and look across the room.

The poor guy is on the ground with blood dripping from his mouth and black hair comes to play.

Oh shit.

I scurry off the couch and grip Matteo's arm, but that does nothing. Instead more bones crack and his shoes collide with the man's rib cage.

"Stop your gonna kill him!" I cry out and place a hand on his chest to push him away. He locks eyes with me and travels his eyes along with my figure. My hair is frizzy and sweat is covering my forehead.

He pushes me to the side softly and bends down to the guy. "If you ever put a fucking hand on her again I'll kill you", he spat and grabbed me by the arm.

He pulls us through the emergency exit and cold air bites at my neck. We stand behind the building and watch as two females smoke a cigarette.

"How- ", I couldn't even finish the sentence before Matteo pointed a harsh finger at me.

"Why the hell were you with him?" He snarls. "And what the fuck are you wearing?"

"Excuse me?" I drag out and send a nasty glare his way. "What I was doing is none of your concern and I can wear whatever the fuck I want to, dick!"

He scoffs and turns around, "You're showing too much skin."

I feel my eyes practically fall out of their sockets and I take a long breath. But before I can even say anything he's ripping his jacket off and wrapping it around me.

"I'm only wearing this because it's cold", I glare and slip into the sleeves.

"I'm sorry", he blurts out and pulls out a cigarette. "You have to know I would never hurt you", he softens his voice and meets my eye.

"Yeah well, it seemed like it."

" I can't get you out of my head", he sighs and I'm pretty sure that was meant for him more than me.

I feel my breathing stutter as I grip onto the sleeves and watch as he inhales a great amount of smoke. "Smoking is bad for you, you know."

He lets out a small chuckle and turns back around to face me. " Do you believe me?"

"What?"

"Do you believe that I would never hurt you?"

"No."

"Will you give me another chance?"

"No."

He rolls his eyes like a child and whines. "Please just let me show you, you mean more to me than anybody."

"We saw each other for a week and it didn't work out", I shrug and keep my eyes on the cigarette."There's no way you can feel like that about someone you've known for a week."

"And why is that?" He furrowed his brows and cocked his head to the side.

" You can't possibly feel something like that when you have no idea who I am."

"I know everything about you. We've gone over this", he slowly moves closer to me and I feel my feet carry me back.

"No you don't", I whisper and keep my eyes away from him.

"Fine then I suppose we can go get a coffee to sober you up and talk about it", he grins. I look over and see the two girls hungrily stare at Matteo and bite their lips.

But his eyes are on me.

"I don't trust you", I mumble and gnaw on my lip. Tears come to my eyes thinking about how frightening he was that day. As if he can read my mind, he brings a hand up to my chin and I immediately flinch.

"Something in me knows I would never hurt you. I couldn't live with myself if I ever did", he breathes and moves his thumb across my lips. "You're too special."

I clear my throat and move away from him, "What about my friend?" I looked back through the screen door and watched the strobe lights dance.

"He'll be fine. I'll have one of the workers tell him you left."

"What, do you go into clubs and boss the employees around?"

I let out a small laugh and looked back at him, "If I own it, I can."

Matteo's POV:

I watched as she walked far away from me and kept her eyes on the sidewalk. A part of me still hated her but knew it was being buried by something I couldn't say.

When I said I would never hurt her, I wasn't lying.

I meant all of it and that scares the fuck out of me.