seventeen

DAVINA'S POV:

"I'm exhausted", I sigh and lean my head on Eli's shoulder. I feel my eyelids slowly fall- the sharp feeling of sleep dawning upon me.

A pair of arms wrap around my neck and legs. The scent of cologne and mint makes my head nuzzle into a hard chest.

My body slowly sinks into a soft mattress and a moan escapes my lips. Hands caress my cheekbone as I flutter my eyes open and see Matteo hovering over me.

"What time is it", I mummer and let out a small yawn.

"Little past midnight", he says and I feel his body shift off the bed. I watch as he tugs off his shirt and throws it into the hamper. My eyes fall to his toned abs and the way his tattoos contrast against olive skin.

Snapping out of my trance I rub my head and turn on my side. "Did Eli leave?"

"He and Andrea left a couple of hours ago", he says while going in the bathroom to brush his teeth.

I place my feet on the black flooring and pad my way by his side. "Do you have an extra toothbrush?" I ask and see him pulling one out of the drawer and handing it to me.

I place a line of toothpaste on the top and run it along with my teeth. His muscles flex as he dips down and rinses his face with a cleanser.

Moments from earlier play in my mind and a small blush finds its way upon my cheeks. Maybe it was better than Andrea broke our "fun" anyway. As fun as it sounds, I didn't want to have an orgasm in front of my friends.

"Wanna put this on for me?" Matteo asks as I rinse my mouth out. In his hands, is a green tea face mask and brush to apply it.

"Yeah", I smile and grab the container. He wraps his hands around my waist and lifts me onto the countertop. I part my legs so he can come closer and his hands grip onto my thighs. "I didn't know you were a self-care man."

He lets out a small smirk and watches me slowly. "It's stupid for guys to not take care of their skin because it's something "girls do"."

I smile and place a quick kiss on his cheek before applying the thickened, green mask.

"Andrea and Eli are getting close", he says and I grin immediately.

"Eli needs someone good in his life", I say and feel his eyes burning into mine. "Some asshole broke his heart two years ago. Ever since then he's been a wreck when it comes to relationships."

"I like him", he nods and I find myself smiling when I look at him.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah", he nods.

We sit in comfortable silence as I spread the mixture on his face, and set the container down when I'm done.

"Do me a favor?" I squeal and watch as he looks down at me through thick lashes. He cocks his head to the side and waits for my request.

"Let me take a photo of you looking pretty damn sexy with a face mask on", I grin and see him shake his head no.

"You know what you suck", I sigh and make my way into the bedroom. A deep chuckle radiants through the air and I feel myself blush.

I quietly pull my phone out of my shorts and tiptoe to the doorframe. Hiding against it so he can't see me unless he turned the corner.

"What movie do you wanna watch", I hear him call out. I stay silent and hear his footsteps coming closer and just as he's turning the corner I hold my phone and snap a picture.

"Seriously", he narrows his eyes at me and I shrug my shoulders. I stare down at my phone and hold a hand to my heart. "You are so ugly", I softly say and sniffle.

"We both know that's not true", he winks before washing off the mask.

"Ever watched the movie After?"

"No", he shakes his head and I squeal in excitement.

"Then that's what we will watch."
~
"YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!" Matteo yells and throws his hands up in the air. "It was all a bet", he scoffs and powers off the T.V.

I shake my head and feel my lips tug. He slides under the comforter and wraps an arm around my waist, drawing me closer to his chest.

"He didn't deserve her", he groans and a laugh escapes my lips.

"No he didn't", I agree and feel his breath fan my neck.

"Goodnight", I mumble and feel my skin turn to fire when his lips press down on my neck.

"Goodnight, love."

I feel the bed shift every second and the sheets halfway off my body. I rub my eyes and feel them slowly open.

"I'm so sorry mommy", I hear whines coming from my side. I immediately turn over and find Matteo covered in a heaping amount of sweat. The sheets wrapped around his torso as he frantically tosses.

My hands immediately fly to his cheeks and I feel tears drop onto my thumb. "Matteo", I urge and grip onto his face harder. "I'm here. I'm here, it's just a dream."

His eyes fly open and he immediately sits up and looks around. His hands find mine before his eyes do and they grip on like he can lose me any moment.

"I'm here", I whisper and wrap my arms around his neck, pulling him to my chest. "Your okay."

His breathing slows as wraps his arms around me and pulls me closer than he ever has before.

"I'm here."
~
"WAKE UP BITCHES", I hear Andrea boom and the door swing open. I let out a groan and bury my head deeper into the silk pillows.

"Shut the fuck up and get out", I hear Matteo mumble. He's still holding me and by the looks of it, we haven't moved all night.

"Now I know your not a morning person", he scoffs and holds out his hand like he's offended.

The savory smell of bacon engulfs me and I feel my stomach rumble.

"Are you hungry?" I hear Matteo whisper and feel his hand move small circles on my stomach.

"Very", I groan and roll over to be greeted by his morning face. His hair is sprawled at the top of his head as I run my finger through it and feel him relax.

"Get your butts out here", I hear Andrea yell.

"I want to teach you something", Matteo says to me as we take a bite out of our waffles. I nod my head for him to continue. "Now I know what your gonna think at first", he starts and I raise an eyebrow.

"My father is hosting this ball and there's going to be quite a lot of.... hungry men there", he clicks the top of his roof with his tongue. "And if I'm not next to you, I want to be sure you can defend yourself."

"And...?"

"I want to show you how to use daggers", he finishes up and I widen my eyes.

"To stab someone? Why would I do that?"

"Because if there's ever a time where it's a priority I want you to know how."

"He's right", Carter says while taking juice out of the fridge. "The men at the ball aren't good people. You must know how to use one for when we're not there."

I bite on the inside of my cheek and let myself think for a second.

"Fine."