🔺 Chapter 41🔻

Start from the beginning

"What was that for!" Folabi asked and she rolled her eyes before looking at him. "Hey.... How long have you been there?" "Enough to hear you threaten him. Are you trying to make him angry?"

Eniola chuckled, "Chill, I was just trying to gloat a bit and send fear into the hearts of the opponent, it's a tactic I learnt from Morenike, sometimes you just have to remind the enemies that you've got their eyes on them and there's no winning side for them. Besides I had the conversation on recording and he definitely won't use it against me. Don't be scared, I'm a big girl, I can take care of myself" she winked at him and he plunged his hands into pocket.

"I wasn't scared, we can't afford to be reckless"

Eniola folded her hands, "Do you have plans after now?" "Yes, I'm kind of going to work, tomorrow we'll be publishing this" "Oh. I was famished and I was wondering if you'd like to get lunch" "Like I said...I'm" "Busy. It's fine, I'll call Jemima or queen" she replied walking away and he exhaled watching her leave.

Not like he couldn't squeeze time for Lunch, he didn't want to ignite a fire he couldn't quench. He felt it was better to remain neutral than start up something he wouldn't be able to see till the end. 

"I'll have to go now" Favour said and Osas pouted, "At least you'll wait for us to go home , cook so you can eat" "I already told Mom and Dad that'll come back once I'm done. For some reason they think I'll get arrested after giving the testimony"

"Awwwn. Thank you for showing up, I really appreciate"

"You do well" Omo replied and Osas reached for her bag, "At least take transport" she chipped dipped her hands in her hand bag and Favour smiled.

"See levels" Omo yelled and Osas paused shaking her head.

"I have to go back to work" Ejiro chipped in hugging Osas and she smiled, "Awwwn, thank you. No be like Chika way never show face even once" she hissed snapping her fingers.

Morenike walked towards her car then he heard Osifo call her name. She rolled her eyes and then she turned towards him, "I'm not signing the papers Sifo, don't expect me to" she snapped and a smile curved his lips.

"I didn't come because of that"

"Are you here to mock me because my children have all turned against me?"

"No. I just wanted to say that ......" He trailed off and she waited eagerly to hear what he was going to say.  "That?"

"I told you so"  he answered and she rolled her eyes, "Seriously Sifo? Now you're just rubbing salt all over the injuries" "Salt are good for injuries, they stop the blood from rushing." He answered and she scoffed, "Wow, now you're just trying to be funny"

"What did you expect? Some romantic speech? I warned you Morenike, I warned you but you didn't listen, look at what's happening now?"  He snapped and she scoffed again entering into the car, she slammed the door hard then she took a deep breath.

"Be strong Morenike, please be strong" she slammed the steering breaking into tears.

Eniola had a disappointing look plastered on her face as she walked up to Osas and Obianuju. "What's up with the long face?" Obianuju asked and she shrugged, "I couldn't help but notice you speak to Chief Akinola and then Folabi.

"Technically,I was threatening Chief and then I asker Folabi out to lunch and he declined bluntly. The only guy I ever threw myself on was Osaze and I feel like I'm still throwing myself at him even when I don't want to"