Alec brought her hand to his lips, holding it there as Jace spoke again.

"Yeah, Rena. Who's going to yell at us for being stupid when we fight over who didn't put the weapons away? "

He and Alec chuckled as tears dripped down their faces.

"Or when we want to tell Izzy that her cooking is terrible?" Alec murmured.

"Or when we argue over who's better looking."

"Even though we let you win that argument every time because it's true," Alec smiled softly to her and Jace reached for his hand, wanting to support his brother.

Alec gave Jace half a smile as he took it, squeezing in a silent message of thanks as a groggy voice said, "What, I'm out a few days and you both get all sappy on me?"

The boys' eyes widened to the size of saucers as Serena's eyes fluttered open and she smiled sleepily at two of the people she loved most in the world.

"Hi," Alec said as he broke into a breathless smile, still crying as he cupped her cheek and Jace yelled, "Meliorn, she's awake!"

The Seelie peeked his head inside, seeing the girl's eyes open before going to alert the necessary people.

"What's Meliorn doing here?" she asked softly, voice raw from days of no use.

"A gift from the Seelie Queen," Jace said as he refused to let go of his sister's hand. "To protect you until you're able to protect yourself again."

"And he's not the only gift the Downworlders sent for you," Alec informed and her eyebrows furrowed. "Magnus has four rooms filled with so many fire messages and gifts that I'd be surprised if there was even one person left in the Downworld who hasn't sent you anything."

"You got the demon though, right?" she asked, and the brothers had to laugh.

"Yes, we did," Jace said and Serena turned to him. "How are you feeling?" he asked.

"I'm regretting not pretending to forget who you are, that would've been fun," she said with a small smirk and the two only gave her dead looks. 

"Well, at least we know she's alright," Jace said to his parabatai who refused to look away from his wife. 

"How are you? Really?" he asked earnestly and her smile softened.

"I'm ok aside from the fact that I have a headache from Hell and I'm starving."

"Meliorn should be back with Danica soon, and no doubt, our family," Alec said as he turned towards the door, but Serena tugged his arm, wanting him to look at her.

"It is not your fault."

A wave of relief and calm like no other made Alec shudder as he bit his lip, thankful that his wife didn't hate him or blame him.

A horde of people then came running through the door.

Izzy, followed by Robert and Maryse, then Meliorn and the medic.

"Thank the Angel you're ok," Izzy cried as she ran towards the bed, wrapped in her silk robe, clearly having been about to go to bed.

Serena smiled at her. "It's good to see you too Iz," she said wanting to reach a hand for her, but the boys refused to let go.

But a smack on the shoulder from Maryse caused Jace to yelp as he let go and Serena's hand was engulfed by Izzy's.

"Just for the record," she said to her parabatai. "I forgive you."

Izzy smiled as tears ran down her face, bringing Serena's hand to her lips.

"You didn't have to come all the way from Idris for me," she said to Robert and Maryse who smiled at her, grateful she was ok.

"We'd come back for any of you," Robert said as he placed a hand on Jace's shoulder.

"We're just so relieved that you're awake," Maryse said as she pressed a feather of a kiss to Serena's forehead.

"I heard you're my private bodyguard until I'm better," she smirked to the Seelie as Jace and Izzy began bickering over who could hold Serena's other hand, Maryse scolding them both.

"By special orders of the Seelie Queen. I am not to leave your side until you are able to defend yourself."

"Thank you, Mellie," she said, and the Seelie bowed his head.

The medic then spoke up, a kind brunette woman named Danica that saw to the Lightwoods specifically, when they were injured, which was often.

"Alright, Serena is still recovering from a cerebral haemorrhage, and will still be here tomorrow. Asides from Meliorn, one of you gets to stay," she instructed, and the three siblings looked at each other in challenge.

"Alright, that's enough of the three of you," Robert scolded before he turned to Serena. "Serena, who would you like to stay with you?"

She looked at her brother, her parabatai and her husband.

"I love you all, but, I think I'd like Maryse to stay with me. I need some time with my Mom."

Maryse looked as if she was about to cry as she took Jace's place at Serena's bedside, taking her hand gently. "Of course, I'll stay with you," she smiled as she kissed her hand.

Jace, Izzy, Robert and Alec then took their turns kissing Serena goodnight, her cheek warmed by their touch.

"You better still be awake tomorrow," Jace had warned his sister before he left and then Alec had taken his turn.

His kiss was soft and sweet as he placed it on her lips before he walked out.

He may not have his wife back to warm his bed, but Alec could sleep easier for the first time in a week knowing that she was going to be ok.