But the story is just beginining

Start from the beginning

"Mierda, mierda, mierda, mierda! ella se desmayó estoy tan muerto!" I hold my now unconscious mother as Amity comes up to me.

"Luz calm down." She says softly.

"What's with all the noise!" We hear an annoyed voice coming from the door where hooty's face is extending from.
"Some of us are trying to get some sleep, oh Luz you're back."

Eda sees me, Amity and Hooty surrounding my unconscious mom and Eda snorts.
"The reunion on Earth went well then I see."

"Eda this is serious!" I complain and the owl lady just rolls her eyes, takes a sip from her mug and draws a spell circle and my mom starts levitating and Eda leads her to the couch and turfs a sleeping king off it (much to the demon's annoyance).

"So what're your doing back already kid?" Eda asks me.

"Well we decided to show her the boiling isles instead of showing her magic cause our magic wasn't working on earth for some reason." Amity explained.

"Oh I should've mentioned that." We hear the voice of Nick say as he leans on the door way leading to the kitchen, Lilith standing next to him.

"Those two have been close a lot lately" I think to myself but shake my head and don't dwell on it, it's not relevant right now.

"Well actually I didn't think I'd need to mention it as Amity going with Luz was not exactly shared with the class." He says sarcastically.

"So why didn't our magic work?" I asked.

"For magic to be cast on the human world it takes a much more intense magical output." Lilith explained.

"But Nick said he was using illusion magic the whole time!" I argue.

"Yes but that was only a small alteration to my ears." He explained. "And thanks to my large magic sack it could take the drain, and I could turn it off when wearing my military helmet or when no one was around, like with most of my mercenary jobs."

"Luz! Amity!" We hear new voices running down the stairs. It seems that Willow, Gus, Boscha, Skara, Viney, Jerbo and the twins never left either.
"Mittens what were you thinking?!" Emira scolds her sister.

"Well I wasn't really thinking at all." Amity said sheepishly.

"Aww cmon sis she didn't wanna see Luz go." Ed teases. "I say it's super romantic."

Amity blushes and I smile but then I hear my mom mumbling and I turn to see her staring awake.

"¡MAMÁ!" I yell as my mom props herself up against the arm of the couch.

"What happened?" She asks. "Where am I?"

"This, hot stuff, is the owl house." Eda says. "And I'm the bad b*tch who lives in it."

My mom shook her head a little and rubbed her eyes and then she spots Amity, who awkwardly looks away and scratches the back of her neck.
"I wasn't dreaming then." My mom says. "We really are in another world?"

"Yep." I say.

My mom locks eyes with me. "So you've been lying to me? For 3 months?" My mom asks. She doesn't sound angry, she sounds heartbroken which feels even worse. I feel tears start to prick at my eyes and Amity grabs onto my arm to try and comfort me.

"To be fair Ms Noceda." Nick begins. "If Luz had told you she went through a door that sent her to another dimension where magic is possible and she's been enrolled into a magical school, would you have exactly believed her?"

My mom falls silent then back at me. "Magic?"

"Yes." Eda says as she draws a spell circle and summons a small ball of light from thin air, to which my mother gawks in amazement.
"And Luz can do it." Eda continues as gestures for me to demonstrate.